Evochron Mercenary is the sequel to Evochron Legends and rounds out a trilogy in the series culminating in the game with the highest level of technology and most extensive feature set. It is a first person 3D space combat, trader, and exploration simulation with a primary focus on 'lone-wolf' survival gameplay.
This is the installer for Evochron Mercenary Build 1.588. The installer also works as an updating program for older versions of the game. Required for multiplayer compatibility.
Version 1.588 adds the following:
- New background nebula texture layer added (includes support for customizing).
- Significant multiplayer performance improvements, particularly for slower systems.
- Training mode now keeps text details for each section on screen and includes dividers for improved legibility.
- Ships sending a distress call for rescue now ping their location once players enter the sector.
- Weapon impact physics system updated for more variety and accurate reaction effects.
- Hidden cargo container limits for missiles increased to provide a full rack of 8 per visit.
- Delayed clan control status indicators on quadrant map fixed (server program).
- Station detonator system updated to prevent device failure (server program).
- Voice chat identification system updated to prevent duplicate icon listings.
- Custom quest system updated to support the default encrypted format.
- Additional integrity checks added to map log system.
- Voice chat indicator capacity doubled.
- Several minor bug fixes.