Let's talk updates. In the first week of February I will be rolling out the first patch for Eight Days in Convoke, this will bring the version number up to v3.10. The update will mainly provide "under-the-bonnet" fixes that will not appear apparent to general players. The update will provide a few new features but is just intended to fix elements of the coding and streamline some of the programming.
- Code streamlining and optimization. (Far too
many to list.)
- The original music that appeared in the alpha and beta versions of the game will now play as intended. At the moment only the main menu theme will play throughout the game.
- A full credits section will be added rather than the current bodge-job new feed one that the game currently has implemented.
- The ability to turn all sound off.
- Replacement of the intro video with an implemented one. This is in response to the known issue of the video showing strangely when the game is launched on Windows 7.
*- Although the above features are planned and most are already implemented, the chance of some rolling over into future updates is plausible. However, this is unlikely.
In other news, it looks likes Eight Days in Convokes is likely to be moved into the New Games category on Desura within the next few days. Although the game is finished it still appears to people who visit the site as an Alpha-Funding game.
Once the game is "fully" released by Desura and after the patch, I will decide whether or not to further develop and expand the game. This itself would be in the form of a patch and would be free to all players
who purchased the game. As it currently stands the plans for the expansion consist of several new level sets and the possibility of a timed ‘maze' mode, which would have the ability to publish your completion time onto an online high-scores board. This however, all depends on how the game is received on full release, after all, there is no point of expanding a game no one plays.
That us lighten the mood a little, I found 4 reviews/previews of Eight Days in Convoke on varying gaming sites, one done by a friend. Have links!
Thanks for reading, enjoy the game!