We are now on steam with a store page and the demo, game will release in Q4 2017.
Dungeons & Treasure is a roguelike dungeon crawler created with voxel art for Virtual Reality (VR). The game will be released for HTC Vive and Oculus Rift. The version here will be updated to a certain point, so we can gather information and feedback on the game. So let us know what you think about this project. You can also subscribe to the game on our official website (linked in profile).
Feel free to tweet, stream, upload videos and share the game. Please also link to the project and mention that this is an early version. Have fun!
While the game is in development we plan to add following features for the full release:
* Random generated dungeons (every play through is different. A dungeon is completed if the boss is defeated. The next dungeon will have a completely new theme and enemies)
* Waypoints (dungeons are pretty large, so you will be able to teleport to different locations to avoid massive backtracking)
* Weapons and shields (you will be able to carry weapons and shields, which you can mix as you wish (e.g. 2 weapons, 1 weapon + 1 shield, 2H weapon + no shield). Shields will have a defensive skill, either active or passive)
* Active item (you will be able to carry an item, which will have an active use skill with a certain cooldown)
* Upgrades (upgrades for you and your weapons can be found)
* Different enemies (enemies will drop currency which you can use to buy items from a shopkeeper. This currency only exists in the current playthrough)
* Shopkeeper (shopkeepers can be found in a playthrough. They will sell you a random assortment of items)
* Obstacles (in every dungeon there will be obstacles e.g. spike traps, falling boulders, etc.)
* Companions (you will find companions, which will follow you and assist you in your battles. There will be multiple companions and will act on their own)
* Bosses (there will be a unique boss at the end of each dungeon)
* Minimap (a minimap will help you to not lose orientation. It will also show additional info like rooms you already explored, upgrades, shopkeepers, etc.)
* Secret rooms (secret rooms can be found. Secret rooms can be rewarding or maybe not)
* Currency (there will be two types of currency: fleeting currency, which is dropped by all enemies and can be used to buy items from the shopkeepers for your current playthrough and a persistent currency, which is used to unlock weapons, items, shields, etc. These unlocked items can then be dropped or found in your next playthrough)
* Locomotion (there are three types of locomotion planned: trackpad/analog movement and choose a destination, you will move to that destination while you are still able to act. The classical normal teleportation)
Controls for oculus are not perfect yet, but do work
Many of these features are not yet in the demo, but hopefully there is enough now to get a feeling in which direction this game goes.
In the starting lobby you will find a special room, where you can see all weapons etc. and unlock them. The unlocked weapons etc. can then be found in the next playthrough.
We are experimenting with some abilities for melee weapons. We want to buff melee weapons with an active skill.
We plan to implement around 100 passive upgrades and around 40 different items, weapons and shields for the release.
For more details on what we are currently working on check this youtube video:
Also here are some more quick impressions:
Bomb upgrade, every 10th hit triggers an explosion. Can be stacked until every hit triggers an explosion.
Active sword skill increases range of the sword for a certain amount of time.
Active sword skill, which enables you to throw projectiles if the sword is swung strong enough.
We are adding even more content to the dungeon area. 4 new enemies. improved our melee combat system.
We recently started a kickstarter campaign. We would use the money to polish the game even more. BUT dont worry, even if the campaign fails, we will still...
We decided to update the demo. In this update we improved networking and added the lobby. Every player starts in the lobby and can either enter a single...
First of all, we have now a steam store page! We experiment with additional rooms on the z-axis, so you can either fall into a room or can move up into...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
We added drop-in multiplayer: You can join a random lobby and start playing with someone or create an own private lobby. If you try to join a random lobby...
We updated the demo to the next version. In this version we added some more features such as shopkeer and chests. You can now spend your gold to buy random...
We updated the demo to the next version. We have reworked and improved the dungeon generation system. We also added all locomotion types to the game...
Dungeons & Treasure is a roguelike dungeon crawler created with voxel art for Virtual Reality (VR). The game will be released for HTC Vive and Oculus...
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.