BlackRose is a retro first person shooter centring around a woman named Ronja...a computer hacker with a penchant for exposing unscrupulous organisations for what they really are. But Ronja gets a lot more than she bargains for when she sets her sights on the notoriously secretive Osiris Corporation - a company with a tendency to release its lawyers, hit-men, or both to silence its critics. The more she uncovers about Osiris, the less clear her true identity and motives become. A dark and surprising take on the theme of changing coming from within, BlackRose tackles corporate cannibalism and institutionalisation head on with lots of firepower.
- Action-packed gameplay requiring a combination of stealth and brute force;
- Cunning enemy AI;
- The ability to dodge enemy bullets with acrobatic manoeuvres;
- Levels that incorporate artwork from real-world artists (featured artist Steph Aracil - www.fannyaracil.com/);
- Intense electronic sound track;
- Hidden objects in every level including a ridable sports bike, performance-boosting adrenaline capsules and body armour just to name a few...
Version 1.0.3 of BlackRose is out now including:
- New stealth attack - Ronja can now neutralise enemies by jumping on them from above;
- New enemy AI - now smarter and more spatially aware;
- New ammo cache system - allows you to keep remaining rounds when reloading;
- New HUD including new ammo readouts;
- Smoother graphics and lighting;
- Numerous performance enhancements.
User-requested features include:
- The ability to skip Ronja's first conversation with Dimitri (level 3);
- A half-way checkpoint in the last level;
- The final battle is now tougher;
A big thank you to all BlackRose fans whose comments and requests have helped the game to become what it is today! More to come...