ARMA 3, a unique sandbox-style combat gameplay experience in the most detailed environment of the series to-date.
A great game that is like a gust of fresh air in the smog of modern shooters, this is an intelligent and very well made game that shows thing as they are, none of the shenanigans you see in battlefield, COD etc. The developers are open, honest and upfront with any issues or bugs and take player input seriously instead of just grabbing your money and running.
Being Greek myself what I particularly liked was that any in game signs, box labels etc. written in Greek are correct and accurate, the architecture of the buildings and the overall look and feel of the islands is accurate and I actually feel as though I'm on a Greek island and not a generic landmass.
Overall a great game well worth the time of any interested in mil-sims or realistic fps games (or anyone who likes to snipe from 2km away).
this game is one of a kind.. i've been playing the arma series game since i was 7 years old, at the time it was called Operation Flashpoint and as a kid i can tell this is a much much better alternative to army men (one of those small soldier toys) with Bohemia's powerful Mission Editor is where all my imaginations gone wild!
thank you Bohemia Interactive for making my childhood a jolly good fun
P.S. stop making futuristic content
one of the worstest game ever:
- all of its features are not properly added like physx etc.
- no ponds/rivers/inland water and that for a game which was release in 2013 but in arma 2 ponds were supported ?!
- very bad performance in SP aswell as in MP.
- Low CPU usage, some parts of the engine are very outdated like the CPU usage. This Game runs mostly on one Core.
- Its a sandbox game, but its more limited than most people know, for example: this game can not run huge battles with many AI. this game is more made for small spec ops missions or zombie survival missions where you are alone as survivor fighting zombie AI. one of the reason for that is that the CPU usage of this engine is ****. so its a very limited sandbox game which does not let you make things what you want, only if you accept huge FPS problems.
- the engine itself is very limited in many terms: modeling is very limited, some modder who made buildings for arma 3 abadoned theyr project due to the limitations. same for terrain in terms of object placement and size and and and..
- NO proper multi-core / multi-threading and 64bit support and that in 2013 and for a large scale game like this, multi-core / multi-threading & 64bit is a MUST!
- Alot of problems with the AI
now to the devs why they are one of the worstest out there:
- the devs are only fixing minor bugs, and making small optimizations but giving the game a great FPS boost by adding proper multi-core / multi-threading support does not happen.
- the devs didnt fixed many AI problems and now the guy who works on VCOM AI, fixed the AI driving which was not fixed by any BI dev for 13 years! i cant believe that a modder has to fix what BI didnt fixed in such long time.
- BI dont care when people steal and selling mods and i will explain why in the community part:
why the arma community is one of the worstest:
- people start to steal mods and selling as theyr own for money. especially after arma 3 life when arma 3 life got away with it and BI took no action. now more and more people start to steal mods or models from other games and sell them. last time, a french life mod was found that they stole models from other arma 3 modders and sold them, same for a mission which can be found at the BI forum and that all after they saw BI took no action against arma 3 life.
- alot of fanboys are out there who cant accept critism against BI or arma 3. alot of community members cant deal with it when you speak about the problems of arma 3 (especially when it comes to the CPU problem). most members in the forum are buttsniffer who has theyr head in bohemias ***.
One of the real PC games that allows mods and freedom. It has some bugs but overall the simulator/game is great. BIS has updated the game making some vehicles more realistic and giving the ability to shoot from them which is awesome. The mods are what really make this game worth it.
Arma 3 is a great game Arma 3 is a great game Arma 3 is a great game Arma 3 is a great game Arma 3 is a great game Arma 3 is a great game Arma 3 is a great game Arma 3 is a great game Arma 3 is a great game Arma 3 is a great game