Forum Thread
Your (Gaming) Plans for 2014 (Forums : Pimpage & Posing : Your (Gaming) Plans for 2014) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 1 2014 Anchor

Hey guys,

A new year has started today, and that means another year full of excitement, work, progress, and hopefully a lot of success! Another year of great games, and great releases, as well as a (hopefully small) amount of failures and disappointments. But here, in this community, we make games and mods and don't just take what is given to us, and that's what makes us so awesome ;D. But what are everyone's plans? What are you working on or planning on working on in the new year specifically? Any contests you would like to win? Any games you would like to see released? Anything you want to play? Let us know :D

I am personally anticipating "Bellum Imperii" Moddb.com, a mod that just released the first open alpha. In addition to that, I am working on my own mod, The Duel Mod, and am hoping to be able to improve and expand my community dev team a little. What about you?

Jan 1 2014 Anchor

I intend to finish a few of my ArmA 3 missions and spend a bit more time on developing my UDK hobby project (which is a 1v1 game mainly for 'personal' use, nothing meant to be sold). I haven't actually played a mod for quite some time, so I should start playing all the released mods in my watchlist this year I guess. If time allows it.
I'm not looking forward to any game in particular (oh wait, maybe The Witcher 3!), but I really hope I will find some kind of tactical shooter a la Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield. I loved that game and I have yet to see a modern tactical shooter game that is as fun and satisfying as that one.

Jan 1 2014 Anchor

I think the only thing I am looking to a bit is GTA V on PC, not too sure at the moment, I did enjoy GTA 4 but only for a short awhile and during the missions.
There might be one or two games, though some time from release, so may have forgotten them at the moment.

I do have a lot of games though that I never finished
Fear 2, near the end, got just up past big transporters.
Fear and Fear 3, own both, not yet installed.
Scribblenauts Unlimited, half of the stars.
STALKER, not got very far at all.
Batman: Arkham City, half way through
Oblivion, never finished it, need to start a new game anyway with better modding sense.
Postal 2
LoTR: War in the north
Unreal Gold and Unreal 2, yet to play either
New Vegas, got so far with the main quest, and still have the the DLC yet to get into.
And play Arma 3, and 2.
14 games, never finished main stories/games.

Will also get an alpha of a game out this year, or maybe get to beta towards 2015.
If anything I will be fixing up lots of old work and just releasing it, not finished state, just nothing broken or missing assets but use able for others.. A map for source, one for Crysis 2/Cryengine, maybe an old project, and a lot of assets.

Edited by: arieas

Jan 1 2014 Anchor

arieas wrote: I think the only thing I am looking to a bit is GTA V on PC, not too sure at the moment, I did enjoy GTA 4 but only for a short awhile and during the missions.
There might be one or two games, though some time from release, so may have forgotten them at the moment.

I do have a lot of games though that I never finished
Fear 2, near the end, got just up past big transporters.
Fear and Fear 3, own both, not yet installed.
Scribblenauts Unlimited, half of the stars.
STALKER, not got very far at all.
Batman: Arkham City, half way through
Oblivion, never finished it, need to start a new game anyway with better modding sense.
Postal 2
LoTR: War in the north
Unreal Gold and Unreal 2, yet to play either
New Vegas, got so far with the main quest, and still have the the DLC yet to get into.
And play Arma 3, and 2.
14 games, never finished main stories/games.

Looks like you got quite the amount of games there :D

Kyou.
Kyou. Mornin.
Jan 1 2014 Anchor

A new year and it seems 2013's new year's resolution carries over to 2014, which was to complete my stories and adapt it into simple games. Not seriously working on it everyday which is most likely why I failed to reach last years goal but its fun learning new things. I'm hoping to pick up drawing with my new tablet and maybe draw something thats half decent for my games.

Games to play this year, nothing comes to mind on whats even releasing this year but I'll just play whatever comes out. I did plan on going to a couple of LAN parties this year its been a good few years since I last went to a lan party and that was back when I had to borrow my mums not so sweet computer. Atleast now I can show up with something more than 512mb ram.

Jan 5 2014 Anchor

I wait for oculus rift.

grouchbag
grouchbag I art grouchier than thou.
Jan 10 2014 Anchor

I hope to finish at least one or two games without some one interrupting me wanting to know what I am playing.I'm an old fart and like fps games. :thumbup:

--

"sweet"  little old lady

Jan 17 2014 Anchor

I hope to release Operation Starcrusher this year.

So far things are going well.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.