Forum Thread
Why Max Payne 2 is a failure! (Forums : PC Gaming : Why Max Payne 2 is a failure!) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 7 2004 Anchor

Well i just have to ssy, Im glad I didn't buy this game!

ok, I just had got the game and then starting playing it, beat it 6 hours later. I thought it woulb be amazing but I was swearing myself at the end of this game. Max Payne itself had awsome bullet time and cool moves, but MP2 had not anything knew expcet that really cool spin/relaod move. And hten the story just dide at the end. I enjoyed the end but not howit eneded.

I had been enjoying the game then Max got a bullet in the head, then he went and beat the game... WTF!?!?! A "DESERT EAGLE" to the head and hes still walking, I thought that his head would have looked like a water melon! but I was wrong, because he got up fine and went to the mansion. where she gets shots u start to fight a man that hasn't been shot in the HEAD! and then he pressing something and it blows up and he gest away, and then hes standing in this tower at the top shootig u and trowing dynamite at u. When he is prone to get a bullet in the head *or the whole thing falling apart..* too much like Mp1 and didnt have an interesting end.. kill the bad person that u thught was good the whole time... and by shooting things out.. *wierd, didn't that happen in MP1 if I remember right?* helicopter destoryed? hmmmm... the comics were amaizng like always. Gameplay was just a continuation from MP which relaly made me mad, and hte new gametypes actually sucked. I didn't have any fun and last about a week in my hands. so if you are going to buy a game any time soon. Please save your money! and buy Half Life 2, Doom 3 or Halo 2. MP2 is defiantly not worht it. The game is based around visuals and effects not storyline which is odd since it is only a single player game, WTF?!? thanks and lpease add some of your own comments

3/10

OldfaQ

I found that MP1 was enjoyable since it was new

T-RonX
T-RonX Warm Milk
Jan 7 2004 Anchor

not any game is perfect... :rolleyes:

--

Neo-Reloaded
Neo-Reloaded I think i'm BaCk! :) i'm 18 now :P 28/03 (H)
Jan 7 2004 Anchor

so is it a bad game? really?O_o

--

**wearing a christmas hat since xmas 2004 :)** ThAt'S ThE sPiRiT! ;)
thx 4 teh avatar cheap!:D
Back regularly! 8) i'm an adult in my country now! i'm 18!:O ... anyway...
I'm Back :) ... or am I? O_o

new e-mail addy, check profile :)

Jan 7 2004 Anchor

well if yu really enjoyed the first one, you won't reall like this one!
T-Ronx I mean they didnt really do very many things that were "new"
oldfaq

Neo-Reloaded
Jan 7 2004 Anchor

hey oldfaq get an avatar i hope you become a regular here :P

--

Jan 7 2004 Anchor

hehe,
thnx well I should make myself a avatar..hmm u have msn? what should I make is the question? maybe some of my models I have made?
oldfaq

Neo-Reloaded
Jan 7 2004 Anchor

neo_tha_cool@hotmail.com :P add me

--

chis
chis Old man.
Jan 8 2004 Anchor

Neo-Reloaded wrote: so is it a bad game? really?O_o

not atol O_o

--

Nothing.

T-RonX
T-RonX Warm Milk
Jan 8 2004 Anchor

well if yu really enjoyed the first one, you won't reall like this one!

well really enjoyed MP1 and MP2 even more :S

--

a_llama
a_llama Teh moddb llama
Jan 8 2004 Anchor

Max payne 2 is an awesome game. Sure it is short, but is a brilliant game with awesome gameplay (especially because of the physics system, diving through boxes while blasting enemies is very fun :D). It is also very finished (didn't notice any bugs) and very polished. It is also very fun to mod, Especially because of how easy it is to play with the physics system. And with the mod contest that is going on, we should see some good mods for it pretty soon.

Unfortunatly there is no multiplayer for it though :(

- Edited By a_llama On Thu 8th, Jan 2004 @ 4:41:54am

chis
chis Old man.
Jan 8 2004 Anchor

i enjoyed the first one, and think the second one is cool, a ltho i dont know if it has the same sorta, KEWL ness of the first, but it is still cool :D

--

Nothing.

Jan 8 2004 Anchor

yeah i think that they have made a nearly the same mp1 with new story etc. and when they were in 90% progress they have discovered that the mp2 was nearly the same like mp1... so they added that havok thing and few "equilbrium" like small thingies (reload in bullet time) O_o

Jan 8 2004 Anchor

Its a game, itd be no fun if it was 100% realistic.

--

Why wont it save me?

a_llama
a_llama Teh moddb llama
Jan 8 2004 Anchor

no one said it should be realistic :S

Makkon
Makkon FOXY
Jan 8 2004 Anchor

So it's the end of the world. :rolleyes:

--

The Fry-Lord has spoken!

Jan 8 2004 Anchor

lol,
I think if they actually put work into it and created multiplayer it could one of the best multiplayer games..
oldfaq

Jan 12 2004 Anchor

note to self:
never buy a game that have no multiplayer or it will end up in a garbage can real soon!

MAXPAYNE2 was fun , before it ended after some houres! and max himslef is crappy this time , i liked the old one much better .
something funny about it was the dialogs and enviroment details ! . i mean you could stand there and watch a tv in a game ! and the program in the TV made sense , same with 2 people haveing a dialog , there was never a repeat before you get tired of it !

chis
chis Old man.
Jan 12 2004 Anchor

yeah, everygame needs multiplayer now adays :P that way it lives on once you have completed single player

--

Nothing.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.