Forum Thread
Whats Better? 1:Unreal Tournament or 2: Unreal (Forums : General Banter : Whats Better? 1:Unreal Tournament or 2: Unreal) Locked
Thread Options
Fletchbren
Fletchbren Punk Rocker Of The 21st Century!
Dec 11 2004 Anchor

What game do you think is better unreal tournament or unreal????? Ive always enjoyed unreal because it felt like myst with guns and the coop online was great...But i enjoy UT aswell because of its fast pace multiplayer action..What game do you think is better?

--

"Shoot Guns At Nuns"

Dec 11 2004 Anchor

Unreal Tournament... especially 2k4 because there are so many different styles of games you can play like like overrun (I think thats what its called), Capture the flag, etc. its definitly one of meh favorites :D

--

Dragonlord
Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Dec 11 2004 Anchor

unreal is better in SP
ut is better in MP

so none is better than the other. it depends what you place stress on.

Teh_Wolf
Teh_Wolf Carnager Of Pixels
Dec 11 2004 Anchor

I play Unreal COOP a lot online, very fun.

--

“I hereby state my opinion that the notion of a [expletive deleted] is a basic superstition, that there is no evidence for the existence of any [expletive deleted].”

Dec 11 2004 Anchor

Unreal Tournament is a lot better than Unreal, since UT has a much longer staying power, and has become a bigger hit.

Unreal was great in its time, but for now, UT is definitely in the forefront.

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

ShortCutMan
ShortCutMan ♥ Pure ♥ Bred ♥ Geek ♥
Dec 11 2004 Anchor

You can't really compare them since one is SP oriented and one is MP oriented. However, you can play Unreal in UT through Old Skool, which is awesome. :D

--

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 98% that is an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
User Posted Image

GAMESOULjA
GAMESOULjA Thizzle Dancer
Dec 12 2004 Anchor

UT is better.
as u can play Unreal on UT :D

--

If you find any spelling mistakes you can keep them,
cuz these Bitches run they Fingers on they keyboard and i run my fingers on my money.

The_MOHAA_Master
The_MOHAA_Master I don't know what to put here :/
Dec 14 2004 Anchor

unreal tournament is better!

--

User Posted Image

~Are you ready for the MOHAA master?~

Dec 14 2004 Anchor

Pfft, nobody here has played the awesome unreal 1 sp...

But anyway, what's the point in comparing these two games? They are both different :P

Dragonlord
Dec 14 2004 Anchor

i think you are completly wrong in this one bart... especially as i can provide an easy counter-proof: i played unreal 1 sp ^_^

Dec 14 2004 Anchor

the LAN place I go to sometimes has Unreal and I have played it a couple times and its great, but I just like MP DM better :D

--

Dec 14 2004 Anchor

Dragonlord: I mean, nobody who will play unreal1 today will feel the same atmosphere like when you would play it few days after the release or something like that

Krycha
Krycha ♥♥♥
Dec 14 2004 Anchor

BartNowciu wrote: Pfft, nobody here has played the awesome unreal 1 sp...

But anyway, what's the point in comparing these two games? They are both different :P

True. Unreal was a great single-player experience, but it's multiplayer really sucked (I liked the "gore" skin though, IIRC was used later in UT), so Epic decided to create a multiplayer-oriented thing, and that's how UT was created.

SP = Unreal
MP = Unreal Tournament

(Of course, only the originals. UT2k3/UT2k4 or Unreal II can't really compare to the old ones).

--

Mod DB 1337 Polsky Man™ /// still here, lurking!
User Posted Image |User Posted Image

Dec 14 2004 Anchor

U2 is ONLY good, it is just a shooter that shouldn't be called Unreal - cause this name is reserved only for the superb games :P Its simply not possible to compare these two games as well :P

Also UT was started after ID stated that they are going to make Q3 a multiplayer-only game, and accidentaly they've (epic) made a title that's still alive and kicking after so many years :)

Dragonlord
Dec 14 2004 Anchor

BartNowciu wrote: Dragonlord: I mean, nobody who will play unreal1 today will feel the same atmosphere like when you would play it few days after the release or something like that

that's true. but i played it after i played UT and i'd still say that i can get that athmosphere stuff. i play stuff like deus-ex still today and there the athmosphere is still here... and better than todays titles. in a good game it doesn't matter if you play it off the shelve or some time later, it stays good, and crap is crap no matter when you play it ^_^

Epi7aph
Epi7aph I listen to albums. (Formally StormÇrøw)
Dec 14 2004 Anchor

Dragonlord wrote: unreal is better in SP
ut is better in MP

so none is better than the other. it depends what you place stress on.

ut in single player can be very boring

--

ModDB Fucking Oldtimer and (ex) Crow
Who changed my signature!
Playlist
User Posted Image

Fletchbren
Fletchbren Punk Rocker Of The 21st Century!
Dec 20 2004 Anchor

Aight Thx ppl

--

"Shoot Guns At Nuns"

Dec 22 2004 Anchor

i agree that ut gets boring when your playing by yourself but is the best when you got some mates to play against

like dragonlord said before it depends on what you place stress on

i also like how easy it is to make mapes on ut, so i gess i like ut better all you unreal fans yous can stick it!!! (lol)

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.