Forum Thread
VALHALLA-45 (Forums : Ideas & Concepts : VALHALLA-45) Locked
Thread Options
Sep 2 2013 Anchor

Game mockup I've been messing around with.

Sep 2 2013 Anchor

It certainly looks interesting..........but what IS it?

--

I snark, therefore, I am.

User Posted Image
The reason behind this banner will be revealed in due time....

Sep 2 2013 Anchor

holy crap. would love to learn more about this. It looks pretty incredible. I want to know how the switch between first and third person works. or what that feature even is..

Sep 2 2013 Anchor

TerranAmbassador wrote: It certainly looks interesting..........but what IS it?

its valhalla45! lol :P

--

Sep 2 2013 Anchor

Hehe, VALHALLA-45 is an action/strategy hybrid in which players take control of Heavy Suits and through a first person view attempt to venture deeper into VALHALLA-45. Meanwhile, watching the action from a top down isometric view, the Alien player will try to stop their efforts using his various creatures and powers.Free-to-play and in browser, VALHALLA-45 is an easy to pickup and play action adventure.

It's also in pre pre pre pre production :)

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Sep 2 2013 Anchor

I like this amazing oldschool look. Makes the game look original and different from the rest. Also, pretty far for a mockup. Seems awesome to me!

--

User Posted Image

Sep 2 2013 Anchor

Syaped wrote: Hehe, VALHALLA-45 is an action/strategy hybrid in which players take control of Heavy Suits and through a first person view attempt to venture deeper into VALHALLA-45. Meanwhile, watching the action from a top down isometric view, the Alien player will try to stop their efforts using his various creatures and powers.Free-to-play and in browser, VALHALLA-45 is an easy to pickup and play action adventure.

Ooohh...That is interesting. But could you explain HOW you're doing the free-to-play aspect? Is there going to be microtransactions, is there going to be a 'premium' option with more unlocked versus free players, etc., etc.?

--

User Posted Image

Sep 2 2013 Anchor

TerranAmbassador wrote:

Syaped wrote: Hehe, VALHALLA-45 is an action/strategy hybrid in which players take control of Heavy Suits and through a first person view attempt to venture deeper into VALHALLA-45. Meanwhile, watching the action from a top down isometric view, the Alien player will try to stop their efforts using his various creatures and powers.Free-to-play and in browser, VALHALLA-45 is an easy to pickup and play action adventure.

Ooohh...That is interesting. But could you explain HOW you're doing the free-to-play aspect? Is there going to be microtransactions, is there going to be a 'premium' option with more unlocked versus free players, etc., etc.?

I sure hope not XD

--

Sep 3 2013 Anchor

Servers have to be maintained somehow. Synaped's forgone both subscriptions and box-sales. Unless he's planning on relying on donations (a dubious prospect of even more dubious chances for success), some form of 'freemium' or microtransaction store is basically required. I hate to say it, but there's no such thing as a free lunch (or free multiplayer game, for that matter). SOMEONE has to pay, somewhere, at some time.

I'm curious as to how this will be handled.

--

User Posted Image

Sep 3 2013 Anchor

Very true. This thing is still in very early stages and free-to-play is just an ideal goal. Honestly I'm open to any creative ideas people have on how to achieve it.

Sep 3 2013 Anchor

Honestly, I'd suggest staying away from 'freemium' style free-to-play. If you need to pay a subscription to not be handicapped (or at least not be a second-class citizen), the game might as well be a subscription-only game.

If you're hell-bent on f2p, something I'd suggest against doing unless you have a way to produce truckloads of content, I'd suggest focusing on a WIDE variety of cheap cosmetic options. I know that sounds like a cookie-cutter answer, but without knowing how you plan to make the game, it's the best I got. Off the top of my head, from just that video, I see the potential for weapon effects, texture packs, skins, even individual custom colors if you price them cheaply enough.

--

User Posted Image

Sep 3 2013 Anchor

- So there is exactly one Alien player, for whom the game is an RTS.
- The opposing team are a number of Heavy Suits, for whom the game is an FPS.
What's the maximum number of players you were thinking of for the Heavy Suit team?

--

Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
-- Howard Aiken

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.