Forum Thread
Unreal Engine 4 strange happenings (Forums : Development Banter : Unreal Engine 4 strange happenings) Locked
Thread Options
SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
May 13 2014 Anchor

I wonder if anyone else is experiencing these issues, but everytime the marketplace for Unreal is updated, all my downloaded content is lost, and the engine '"updates" entirely, i.e. it downloads itself again. Without there being any need for it, since it is still Unreal 4, version 4.1.0.

>>EDIT: Apparantly, the engine was updated, as it is now version 4.1.1. Didn't see that yet, while I was writing. So the question now would be: why does all my Downloaded Content disappear every time the engine updates, and how do I cope with that?

Edited by: SinKing

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
May 13 2014 Anchor

It doesn't disappear. You can select which engine version to use in the launcher.

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
May 14 2014 Anchor

So what are you saying? I need to download the content again for each new version of the engine? It just seems there is a lot of updating going on for not a lot of updates.

Edited by: SinKing

--

User Posted Image

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
May 14 2014 Anchor

Well, if you have one version, there's probably not much need to download a new version. You could look at the change notes and see if there have been any changes that affect the sample content, but I don't believe that will often be the case.

odilasa
odilasa ...processing...
May 15 2014 Anchor

Have you checked your V-store?

--

Fractals, fractals, everywhere; on the ground and in the air.

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
May 15 2014 Anchor

odilasa wrote: Have you checked your V-store?

You have odd questions, mate ;) First you ask "What is a bar" in the Moddb bar and now this. Ambershee explained what happens and it makes total sense that the stuff I download pertains to the engine version linked with it. I just never bothered to browse back to older versions of U4. I don't mind this happening at all, now that I know what's going on. I just don't like wondering about what's going on.

--

User Posted Image

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.