Forum Thread
[Tutorial] Play F.E.A.R. 1 & 2 in windowed mode (Forums : General Banter : [Tutorial] Play F.E.A.R. 1 & 2 in windowed mode) Locked
Thread Options
Apr 6 2009 Anchor

Make a shortcut on your desktop and add in the target line: "+windowed 1" without the quotes.
Then it should look like this:
"C:\Program Files\Sierra\FEAR\FEAR.exe" +windowed 1

This method should also work for the latest Condemned game which is using the same engine as F.E.A.R.

I looked for this solution for years by now and I found it today. I think people might want this... I am a social person and I want to chat with my MSN contacts while I am gaming.

If you have questions regarding running other games in windowed please ask for help here and I will give you a solution. Most of the time 3DAnalyze might solve your problems. (It does not solve windowed mode for F.E.A.R.)

Have fun!

Henley
Henley the sun never sets on the eternally cool
Apr 6 2009 Anchor

Just so you know that solution works for just about every game through shortcuts, some other verations that work -w -window -windowed -fullscreen 0

--

Apr 6 2009 Anchor

Henley wrote: Just so you know that solution works for just about every game through shortcuts, some other verations that work -w -window -windowed -fullscreen 0

I tried all those before, neither of them worked. If you think I am retarded, you are wrong, see it yourself, none of those commands work for FEAR. This was the only one that worked.

I am still trying to get FSW Ten Hammers to work in windowed..

Arxae
Arxae Resident Stepmania Freak :D
Apr 6 2009 Anchor

if its a direct3d game you can get 3dx reaper and force windowed mode

--

°w°

Henley
Apr 7 2009 Anchor

djjonastybe wrote:

Henley wrote: Just so you know that solution works for just about every game through shortcuts, some other verations that work -w -window -windowed -fullscreen 0

I tried all those before, neither of them worked. If you think I am retarded, you are wrong, see it yourself, none of those commands work for FEAR. This was the only one that worked.

I am still trying to get FSW Ten Hammers to work in windowed..

I never said they where for fear...

--

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Apr 7 2009 Anchor

simply using command line parameters and switches should not be 'tutorials'

--

<  insert subject games here  >

Henley
Apr 7 2009 Anchor

leilei wrote: simply using command line parameters and switches should not be 'tutorials'

yep, its mostly common knowledge...

--

Apr 8 2009 Anchor

I got operation flashpoint to work in windowed mode with 3danalyze... But after I launch it with 3danalyze in windowed the resolutions didn't work so i had to edit the .cfg flies in the operation flashpoint directory. And Why the hell can't I play Operation flashpoint all just maxed out on a 3Gb RAM 8600GT 512Mb VRAM????
As soon as I put terrain detail on very high the menus even start getting laggy...

Combat Arms doesn't work at all with any command line parameter in windowed mode... Strange... I tried every tool on the net... Every parameter...

Arxae
Arxae Resident Stepmania Freak :D
Apr 8 2009 Anchor

Deep-shadows.com
try this, it allows you to force windowed mode, now leave us alone >_>

--

°w°

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.