Forum Thread
SW: episode 1 racer mod. (Forums : Ideas & Concepts : SW: episode 1 racer mod.) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 29 2005 Anchor

I dunno about copyright issues but, for some reason i just would like to see a new version of star wars episode 1 racer, that game was so fun, but it needs more of a realistic feel like fine tuning the vehicle, and having small parts go flying off slowly making the vehicle have function problems etc, u know...

I got this idea by watching my bro play collin mcrea rally 4, and seeing parts getting dented and smashed, aswell as seeing parts go flyign off etc.

Imagine in multiplayer, screaming along vursing abot 12 other players and you come up to an area filled with trees and stuff, having to dodge them and maybe if u r good try to ram other guys into them whilst watching their vehicle get ripped apart and bounce along the ground in a burning wreck, or speediily making your way up to a small crack in the cliff, only one can fit through vertically, and there is two of you ramming each other trying to get in the right position not wanting to drop behind the other player, do u drop behind or do u continue to struggle for the gap hoping that you wont be the one who slams into the cliff face in a ball of flames.

Or a whole heap of you are going along an open desert dodging big rocks and stuff all trying to get to the front of the pack, when suddenly you are hit by one of the tatooine assasin dudes, which firstly rips a part off your engine, making your engine get faster, you have to slow down for the next part other wise you are surely dead, but you cant slow down, your vehicle keeps gettign faster, then bang another hit, rips off a flap, so now your turning is a little bit buggered, but now you are approaching an area that is filled with rocks like a spiky rock forest, so now you have to dodge these rocks with bad steering and an out of control extremely fast vehicle, you scream along through there leaving the others behind, when crunch, you hit the first rock which deflects you into another rock, making you feel like a pinball in a pinball machine, your vehicle is getting ripped to pieces, and when u come out (luckily) a piece of your vehicle is draggig along behind you, and your vehicle is shuttering and pieces are flapping about ready to rip off from the wind, you r getting slower again and the guys behind are catching up, when you see one guy who is smoking like crazy, sliding in mid air but going straight at you at the same time, he comes flyign right at you, hit the back of your vehicle thankfully aiming upwards, goes flying in mid air, and barrel rolls towards the edge of a cliff edge up ahead, hit the ledge, creating a puff of dust, slamming into the ground, sliding along the side with one engine on fire, and one engine falling off the edge, he slides and slides, then slowly gets dragged off the cliff face while he is abandoning his vehicle, you then cannot control your vehicle due to the hit he took to you, and you are flying straight at the cliff face, but you hit a rock, an engine comes off hits hte other engine knocking your craft flying and bouncing to a halt in the middle of the desert in a cloud of dust. as you walk to the finish some little prick comes from behind and slams straight into you knocking your body flyign off the cliff... the end.

Sorry bout that, i just love writing stories like taht, its so fun, but just imagine how cool a mod like taht would be.

anyway im off.

frosty-theaussie
frosty-theaussie Sonny Jim
Mar 29 2005 Anchor

Just buy the game.

--

User Posted Image

Leonardo-DiVinci
Leonardo-DiVinci UDK Megatkoyo-2041 Project
Mar 29 2005 Anchor

Let me guess, you're gonna use the "Halif life II Engine" I'm right aren't I?

--

User Posted Image

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Mar 29 2005 Anchor

frosty-theaussie wrote: Just buy the game.

There's also two games (one on pc/n64, the second on ps2) so they're obviously still going with the franchise, plus they might shove one out in time for ep3, who knows

--

<  insert subject games here  >

San-J
San-J ascetic aesthetic
Mar 29 2005 Anchor

Sounds fun :D

--

VegasTheWZAd
VegasTheWZAd Skull Servant
Mar 29 2005 Anchor

I like it I always like episode 1 racer, and an upgrade is good. All the old n64 games shoule be retrofitted for the new gaming age. I loved 007, and now, theres a half-life 2 mod for it.

Of course if all else fails, you can always go get an N64 with goldeneye and episode 1 racer for about 22 bucks. the n64 itself is 18 dollars, and the games are from 3-5.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.