Forum Thread
Programmer needed for 14 week UDK project. (Forums : Recruiting & Resumes : Programmer needed for 14 week UDK project.) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 1 2011 Anchor

I represent SkyBox Design Studios, a student computer games design company based in Wales, who are currently working on a game called Skyway. We are looking for a programmer experienced in UDK to work alongside our design team for a period not exceeding 14 weeks. Anyone who is interested must be able to work to the completion of deadlines, although must also be prepared for the timetable to vary. The final piece of work will be shown in a two week long graduation show, where your participance will be noted. There will also be the possibility of further, full-time, work in the future, as we intend to carry this project on afterwards.

We eagerly await any replies,
SkyBox Design Studios.

lancer611
lancer611 Professional Software Developer
Mar 1 2011 Anchor

Is this paid? What kind of work do you need done? Where can I learn more about the project?

--

Controlling complexity is the essence of computer programming.  --Brian Kernigan
Game I was paid to make - Play.google.com

Mar 1 2011 Anchor

The initial 14 week work is not paid, it is purely voluntary, and we need a programmer for general third person game mechanics/functionality, especially character control, as well as more specific physics, water based puzzles, etc. You can check out the game and an early prototype video at our indiedb site; Indiedb.com

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Mar 1 2011 Anchor

'Water based puzzles'?

Mar 2 2011 Anchor

Free hanging water cubes basically, we've shaped them into mazes and combined them with platforming elements. We'll be updating the indiedb site soon with some textured models we've been working on.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.