Forum Thread
Mods for 360...Wha?! (Forums : Console Gaming : Mods for 360...Wha?!) Locked
Thread Options
Whirled_Peas
Whirled_Peas Someones' member
Jul 25 2008 Anchor

I used to check out this site when I played pc games. Now I see consoles have found a home here apparently. Does this mean soon the 360 and other consoles will have mod content available for their games? How and where will this content be made available to a console gamer such as myself?

Jul 25 2008 Anchor

I'm not sure if it would generally be mod content, but also independent games, since both the Xbox 360 and the Nintendo Wii have SDK's that they will sell to a semi-established company to maake their own games which can be downloadable via WiiWare or the Microsoft equivalent.

Arxae
Arxae Resident Stepmania Freak :D
Jul 25 2008 Anchor

every console has a sdk, but its mainly for companys
modding for consoles is what ut3 has done
you can compile for ps3, but it on a data carier, plug it in ps3, copy to had and the game will recognize it
the game has to be compatible to do that and afaik only ut3 has this feature
(i dont own a ps3, i heard it goes that way :p)

--

°w°

Relto
Relto Kharak is burning.
Jul 26 2008 Anchor

Its been the stated position of MS in the past that mods will not be allowed on the 360 because they aren't "safe."

The PS3 does already support user content for games such at UT3. One of the very few things Sony did right.

Edited by: Relto

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Jul 30 2008 Anchor

The PS3 version of Unreal doesn't allow use of custom sounds. While it's a nice thing to have mods for the console, this will really boil down to some new community maps (map packs) and maybe a lot of new character models. While there is some mod support available, console modding yet doesn't really encourage total conversion mods.

--

User Posted Image

Aug 24 2008 Anchor

hi...... :D

i need a info : the sandbox Map editor
for FarCry instincts predator can be downloaded from this site ?

or can be downloaded the PC Map editor for Far Cry 1 ?

Henley
Henley the sun never sets on the eternally cool
Aug 24 2008 Anchor

maxpayne05 wrote: hi...... :D

i need a info : the sandbox Map editor
for FarCry instincts predator can be downloaded from this site ?

or can be downloaded the PC Map editor for Far Cry 1 ?

i think you have the wrong thread but farcry should have come with the sandbox editor.

--

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.