Forum Thread
by member
Mod supporting Half life 2 & Half life 2: Episode 2 (Forums : Handheld Gaming : Mod supporting Half life 2 & Half life 2: Episode 2) Locked
Thread Options
Jul 17 2012, 7:07pm Anchor

Hello there, i wonder why i cant download a mod that require Half Life 2. I Dont have Half Life 2, but i have the 1 and 2'nd episode of Half Life 2.
Shouldnt that be enough? Or better? Or do i have to buy Half Life 2 to download the mod?? :gordon:

Ambient_Malice
Ambient_Malice Ultraconservative Hippie Freak
Jul 17 2012, 7:15pm Anchor

You need to download HL2 SDK to run mods, I believe.

--

Is there any point in public debate in a society where hardly anyone has been taught how to think, while millions have been taught what to think?
-Peter Hitchens

Jul 17 2012, 7:45pm Anchor

Could you tell me what the SDK stands for?

TKAzA
TKAzA Community Manager
Jul 17 2012, 8:53pm Anchor

source development kit, its used by source mods as a base for code and engine files, download it in the tools section on steam

Jul 18 2012, 6:48am Anchor

I'll see if this works and reply back, thx for the help man! :gordon:

Ok, the only thing that did not let me play a Half Life 2 mod was Desura, i tried to install the mod through Desura, but it said i didnt have the requirments.
 So i checked out the Homepage of the mod, and installed it manually, much better, it all works now.

Ronnie42
Ronnie42 Forerunner
Aug 31 2012, 8:28pm Anchor
hamselv wrote:Hello there, i wonder why i cant download a mod that require Half Life 2. I Dont have Half Life 2, but i have the 1 and 2'nd episode of Half Life 2.
Shouldnt that be enough? Or better? Or do i have to buy Half Life 2 to download the mod?? :gordon:

Pretty sure half life 2 won't work on any hand held machines. Unless there's something I'm missing about this topic.

--

Doom Compile Project: link              Original Game's Design project: link         

Ambient_Malice
Ambient_Malice Ultraconservative Hippie Freak
Sep 1 2012, 12:12am Anchor

Episode 1 and 2 aren't portable spinoffs. They're the episodic sequels to Half Life 2.

--

Is there any point in public debate in a society where hardly anyone has been taught how to think, while millions have been taught what to think?
-Peter Hitchens

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.