Forum Thread
Mod supporting Half life 2 & Half life 2: Episode 2 (Forums : Mobile Gaming : Mod supporting Half life 2 & Half life 2: Episode 2) Locked
Thread Options
Jul 17 2012 Anchor

Hello there, i wonder why i cant download a mod that require Half Life 2. I Dont have Half Life 2, but i have the 1 and 2'nd episode of Half Life 2.
Shouldnt that be enough? Or better? Or do i have to buy Half Life 2 to download the mod?? :gordon:

CallistoNTG
CallistoNTG More passion than good sense.
Jul 17 2012 Anchor

You need to download HL2 SDK to run mods, I believe.

Jul 17 2012 Anchor

Could you tell me what the SDK stands for?

Jul 17 2012 Anchor

source development kit, its used by source mods as a base for code and engine files, download it in the tools section on steam

Jul 18 2012 Anchor

I'll see if this works and reply back, thx for the help man! :gordon:

Ok, the only thing that did not let me play a Half Life 2 mod was Desura, i tried to install the mod through Desura, but it said i didnt have the requirments.
So i checked out the Homepage of the mod, and installed it manually, much better, it all works now.

Ronnie42
Ronnie42 God Of Destruction
Aug 31 2012 Anchor

hamselv wrote: Hello there, i wonder why i cant download a mod that require Half Life 2. I Dont have Half Life 2, but i have the 1 and 2'nd episode of Half Life 2.
Shouldnt that be enough? Or better? Or do i have to buy Half Life 2 to download the mod?? :gordon:

Pretty sure half life 2 won't work on any hand held machines. Unless there's something I'm missing about this topic.

--

Doom compile project: link (Taking a break), original game's design project: link (Back to working on it)

CallistoNTG
CallistoNTG More passion than good sense.
Sep 1 2012 Anchor

Episode 1 and 2 aren't portable spinoffs. They're the episodic sequels to Half Life 2.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.