Forum Thread
Left 4 Dead PC Split Screen (Forums : Suggestions : Left 4 Dead PC Split Screen) Locked
Thread Options
xignas
xignas I hurt people.
Oct 9 2010 Anchor

Can someone make a code that you can play L4D on pc split screen 1player keyboard and mouse 2player pc joystick? because everywhere i founded just console joystick

Arxae
Arxae Resident Stepmania Freak :D
Oct 9 2010 Anchor

Well the reason for that is that L4D has split screen on consoles. The code for that is a little intact so that's why it recognizes a console controller.

--

°w°

Oct 14 2010 Anchor

whywouldyoudothat.jpg

Plus unless you run it in a really big monitor and use an ubber fast PC the game play would really suck plus I don't think OSs give support to process the kind of information input involved in such scale. Given the fact that consoles are already built with the split screen option while PCs have a network oriented system for multiplayer.

Arxae
Arxae Resident Stepmania Freak :D
Oct 15 2010 Anchor

Nah that's not is SlayerX3. I played serious sam, in split screen, on a pc countless times. Its the same like playing on a smaller pc.
Your video card does have to render both points of view, so the game will get a bit more performance intensive, but if you have a decent pc (or you lower the graphics) there shouldn't be a problem.

Given the fact that consoles are already built with the split screen option

Not rly, its up to the game developers, not the console manufacturer, to provide the split screen option. Trying to bring in the console vs pc arguments is pretty much irrelevant in this case

--

°w°

Gibberstein
Gibberstein Generic Coder Type Thing
Oct 15 2010 Anchor

If anything, most PCs are in a better position hardware-wise to manage splitscreen than consoles are, as they have more processing grunt to throw at the problem. It's a culture thing - PC gaming has a big history of networked play, and rightly or wrongly old habits are hard to shift.

--

"lets say Portal is a puzzle game, so its a rehash of Tetris"
- Wraiyth points out the craziness of stereotyping games by their genre

Oct 27 2010 Anchor

I would love to see more PC games with splitscreen, luckily for us, most indie games I've played have some sort of split-screen.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.