Forum Thread
Help!! I want to make a mod for Red Aert 2 / Yuri's Revenge (Forums : Ideas & Concepts : Help!! I want to make a mod for Red Aert 2 / Yuri's Revenge) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 16 2004 Anchor

Ok I am trying to make a mod so that i can share with everybody who wants it. I just need to know What i need to do how to do it and with what i need to do it.

teh_fonx
teh_fonx Wtf is a FONX ???
Mar 16 2004 Anchor

bah! man, umm... go to google and search mod making, go hang around modding fourms and read what people say, put in some effort on your own accord.

--

I want to make a mod like counter-strike but with more guns ,3 teams (maybe),and better gfx !!,
i need a maper,modeler,coder,and someone to maker a website for it, and what ever else u think i may need plz.

krayzie
krayzie Max Abuser
Mar 16 2004 Anchor

lets start off at what are YOU good at. You need to be a part of the team as much as everyone else

--

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Mar 17 2004 Anchor

From what I read Krayzie, your post is irrelevent. He want's to learn the skills to build an RA2/YR mod. There's huge amounts of tutorials and all that guff for the ini scripting (the most heinious individuals blight our name by calling it 'coding') and the modelling aspect.

Just google it.

T-RonX
T-RonX Warm Milk
Mar 17 2004 Anchor

check the ini files of some other mods you will learn a lot of it.
downlaod the XCC Mixer and check the mix files

- Edited By T-RonX On Wed 17th, Mar 2004 @ 9:55:07pm

--

Mar 17 2004 Anchor

Thank you. Even just telling me to google this stuff is worth this post.Thank you

Mar 19 2004 Anchor

Ok i give up! where the heck do you find this stuff? I have been looking for it on google for the past three days and i couldn't find jack S***! If you know location could you PLEASE put the links in here? I am about to quit this mad obsession with this Mod makeing.

a_llama
a_llama Teh moddb llama
Mar 19 2004 Anchor

Yrarg.cncguild.net

If everyone had my 1337 searching skills, the world would be a much better place ;)

T-RonX
T-RonX Warm Milk
Mar 19 2004 Anchor

Planetcnc.com

--

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Mar 19 2004 Anchor

it can't be that hard to find stuff!

Deezire.com
Generalsfiles.com

There's a couple off the top of my head.

Mar 26 2004 Anchor

Ok every body who has helped me make this mod by giving me Worth while sites to go to will get a copy of this mod when it's done. Contact on aim if you want it. I HAVE FINALLY MADE THE APACHE OF MY DREAMS!!!!!

Mar 26 2004 Anchor

ok? :/

Mar 27 2004 Anchor

The mod i am makeing is called Yuri's Revenge : Enter Philanthropy. If you don't know ( as i think no one but a few of my close friends know) Philanthropy is a Anti-Terrorism Group who has vowed to eliminate terrorism and acts of violence between nations. they have allied with the allies for they are against nuclear weapons. They have their own Special weapons For example, The allies have Prism Technology therefore Philanthropy has Rail gun technology. The story goes that Yuri has pissed the hell out of the Philanthropy Leaders; John Dumass, Alex Mitchell, And Sara Louis. He has done just that by Destroying and takeing over technology that only Philanthropy had. Luckily he hadn't been able to get rail gun Technology. The group must get rid of Yuri with and without The allies help.

Mar 27 2004 Anchor

ok? what will be new? a red little line instead of a yellow one ? :/ sorry to be adowner but you gotta be a little more creative than that..

T-RonX
T-RonX Warm Milk
Mar 29 2004 Anchor

put the mod on moddb

--

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.