Forum Thread
Halo 1 or Halo 2 (Forums : Console Gaming : Halo 1 or Halo 2) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 9 2011 Anchor

Halo 1 or Halo 2, wich one is better? (I mean xbox versions) I'm going to buy a older halo game, but I can afford ony one. Please tell me wich one is better.

TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
May 20 2011 Anchor

Halo 1 is about to get a remake on the Xbox 360 (but we wouldn't want that on the PC, now would we Microsoft. Even though the original plays on the PC still;( )

Halo 2, generally story-wise and game play wise, is actually (at least in my opinion) inferior to the original game. Yes, it has dual wielding, but it lacks so many sensical features of the first game.

Plus, if you got Halo 1 on the PC, you could get the free Custom Edition. Then you'd have mods that add essentially everything but dual-wielding into the game.

macacos2
macacos2 maps at the speed of a crippled turtle
May 20 2011 Anchor

Halo 1 was much more fun. It even had a different ending for beating the game on the hardest difficulty.

Now that's replayability.

--

Ark_
Ark_ Needs to finish something.
May 20 2011 Anchor

Halo 1.

TheUnabridgedGamer
May 22 2011 Anchor

macacos2 wrote: Halo 1 was much more fun. It even had a different ending for beating the game on the hardest difficulty.

Now that's replayability.

Yeah, it's funny how they used a comedic scene to reference to their design plans for Halo 3, with Elites and Humans fighting side by side

That, and you had to use health packs on the harder difficulties in the first game. In the sequel you magically regenerate health out of thin air, even if you nearly got killed by a kriffing rocket (in something like Bioshock 2's multiplayer, that kind of regeneration makes sense, but not in a gritty sci-fi thing like Halo, imo. )

Jun 4 2011 Anchor

IMO halo 1, you can still find 50 servers and theres a few good server plugins to play (like zombies) and hell, i still play it today

TheUnabridgedGamer
Jun 4 2011 Anchor

Vcc2cc wrote: IMO halo 1, you can still find 50 servers and theres a few good server plugins to play (like zombies) and hell, i still play it today

Aye, plenty of servers. Halo 2 is lucky (on the bloody PC) to have 3 servers with more than 4 players.

So glad I got the bloody game and now I can barely play multiplayer in any map other than the Bloodgulch remake one...

CallistoNTG
CallistoNTG More passion than good sense.
Jun 6 2011 Anchor

I've played both Halos through on PC, and the second on XBox, as well. Halo 2 pushes the Xbox much further, visually, insomuch as the enviromenments are more detailed and less repetitive. However, Halo 1 is a more complete storyline experience, in my opinion.

TheUnabridgedGamer
Jun 7 2011 Anchor

Ambient_Malice wrote: I've played both Halos through on PC, and the second on XBox, as well. Halo 2 pushes the Xbox much further, visually, insomuch as the enviromenments are more detailed and less repetitive. However, Halo 1 is a more complete storyline experience, in my opinion.

That, and the original game does not have needler-dual wielding as it's main means of killing almost any enemy.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.