Forum Thread
Half Life 2 "Own Life" is searching YOU (Forums : Recruiting & Resumes : Half Life 2 "Own Life" is searching YOU) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 20 2010 Anchor
Project Name: Half-Life 2 - Own life
Genre: 3rd Person Action Adventure Roleplay

Current Progress: Closed Beta.

The "Half-Life 2 - Own life" mod Project leader & C++ Developer (keksroot) is currently searching for a Modeler/Animator.

You can visit our project here: "https://www.moddb.com/mods/half-life-2-own-life"
We've made some good processes and done a lot of coding work.

Skills:
1. You should be able to create Models/Animations. That means V and W Animations.
2. You should know how to create Player-models.
3. 1-2 years of experience.
4. Know how to work in a Team.
5. Able to create Models/Animations without copying them from other public stuff.

Our project, due to its controversial theme, requires good animations and models.

This is a position in an mod team. That means you don't get any payments.

To Apply:

at Steam:
LarryXXL
keksroot (Project-Leader)

at ICQ:
399-778-520

Edited by: LarryXXL

shadowofamn
shadowofamn 3D Artist
Aug 20 2010 Anchor

Maybe you should lower down your expectation a notch. A character artist who knows how to rig and animate with 1-2 years of experience will not be looking for free work imo.

--

===================Signature======================
Demo Reel 2011 - www.wingkityu.com
Modeling - Maya, Softimage XSI, Zbrush, Mudbox
Mapping - Unity, UDK, Source Hammer
Texturing - Photoshop, XNormal, Crazybump
Comp/Edit - After Effects, Premiere

*Don*
*Don* Mist of Stagnation Developer
Aug 20 2010 Anchor

I disagree. Someone who is looking to buff their resume should gladly take this spot. the game is in Closed Beta already, so its almost a lock for release.

-edit

After visiting their page, I think this is more of a closed alpha than a closed beta.

Meh, do what ever, but I now agree with shadowofamn. You shouldn't expect someone with a lot of experience to join you at your current state of developement.

Also, is this a RP mod?

Edited by: *Don*

shadowofamn
shadowofamn 3D Artist
Aug 20 2010 Anchor

not even that, if I have those requirement I can easily get a job at local studio as a starter and get paid for work. Commercial work buffs your resume 10x more than a mod or indie.

--

===================Signature======================
Demo Reel 2011 - www.wingkityu.com
Modeling - Maya, Softimage XSI, Zbrush, Mudbox
Mapping - Unity, UDK, Source Hammer
Texturing - Photoshop, XNormal, Crazybump
Comp/Edit - After Effects, Premiere

*Don*
*Don* Mist of Stagnation Developer
Aug 21 2010 Anchor

I suggest 'borrowing' community made stuff from garrysmod.org

you will be hard pressed to find a modeler/animator that will do 10-30 models for you.

you only need 1 animation set and a bunch of skins really.

--

Mist of Stagnation - A FPS/RTS based in a Steampunk world, built in DX11 with the UDK.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.