Forum Thread
Half life 2 mods don't sow up in STEAM!!! (Forums : Tech Support : Half life 2 mods don't sow up in STEAM!!!) Locked
Thread Options
May 29 2009 Anchor

First, I've got orange box, hldm and cs, so dont tell me i need any of these to play a mod, duh.
Second, i've got loads of mods, all downloaded from moddb or fpsbanna, and they all WORK!
and I know i need to restart steam for them to work, double duh.
Then all of a sudden, just a week ago, as i've installed 3 new mods to sourcemod folder in the steamapps folder...
those 3 mods don't show up in steam's My Games list (WTF situation).
I'm sure that if I download anymore mods they would all result in that situation.
the mods that do show up:
The Hidden Source (multiplayer)
Zombie Panic (multiplayer)
Zombie Master (multiplayer)
SMOD tactical (singleplayer)
Age of Chivalry (multiplayer)
Eternal Silence (multiplayer)
Obsidian Conflict (multiplayer)
etc.

mods that do not show up:
Absence (singleplayer)
HL2 Calamity Mod (singleplayer)
The Village (singleplayer)

These 3 are all from moddb.
if any of you know what the heck is going on, please do comment
is there anything i need to enable in steam? or maybe i need to put them in another folder?
and if there is a solution for this, i'd really appriciate
Thanks

and sorry for the long post.

Edited by: MaxerReaper

May 29 2009 Anchor

Go into your Source mods folder and list every folder name inside it.

May 29 2009 Anchor

Have you tried restarting steam?
Did they come as an installer or just a .zip/rar/7z

Could also be some registry issues if you have moved your Steam folder I guess, so the installer doesn't know where to put the files?
Just make sure they go in ../Steam/urnamesomething/steamapps/source mods

May 29 2009 Anchor

ohtwo came in an instaler allright,
one came by rar.
and i've tried almost everthing i know already

May 29 2009 Anchor

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
May 30 2009 Anchor

Are those three mods supposed to be bug-free? I only know Calamity from those you name and I didn't try it out. It happens that alpha and beta installers can be screwed or someone uploaded a wrong/corrupt version of the installer. Happens when you hastily want to put something out.

So maybe it's not you but these mods and you should ask their respective teams about problems with the installation.

--

User Posted Image

Jun 5 2009 Anchor

seriously guys, i still dont know what to do!
and waht this?

nothing went wrong, nothing is corrupted,

i just installed riot act and it doesnt shows up on steam, but i made a shortcut, it works.

Jun 6 2009 Anchor

What i meant was:
Tell me the name of every folder inside of your source mods folder.

Edited by: NGS616

lodle
lodle I am Lodle
I pwn Henley.
Jun 6 2009 Anchor

If you dont have the needed source game for the mods to run it wont show up in steam. Also you will need to restart steam before they show up.

--

User Posted Image
Jun 12 2009 Anchor

Do i have to tell each and every single on of you that im sure that i have the appropriate source game?
oh and heres my folders list:
bg2
Half-life 2 riot act
zombiemod source
Bloodstone
dayhar
Dear Esther
Empires
Fistful of frags
get a life
get a lfe frech
gmod9
Half life 2 Calamity packaged
hidden
hidden-4a
HL2substance
hl2wars
hmsdefiance2
insurgency
joutomaa
mad world
metastatis
missinginfo
MOP
obsisian
portalDM
Reaction
RnL
Sity
Smod
Smodtactical556
soundism
survival 101
TGFT
The Citizen
Village Zombie master

Thats it.
PLEASE HELP!!!!

lodle
lodle I am Lodle
I pwn Henley.
Jun 12 2009 Anchor

Looks like you dont have Half Life 2 which single player mods are based off.

--

User Posted Image
Jun 12 2009 Anchor

He has it, thats only his source mods folder. I'll have an answer for you soon maxer.

Jun 15 2009 Anchor

thanks guys, i need this solved ASAP!

Jul 12 2009 Anchor

I've found this problem several times, in which case i have found that the 'steam app ID' pointer (located in the 'gameinfo.txt' folder within the mods parent folder) is either incorrect or i do not have the correct game engine. in which case the game will not show up in games list. for example I have changed the line 'Steam App ID = 215' to 'Steam App ID = 220' (which changes an older version of the HL2 engine (215) into the updated version (220). i have had to do this several times with mods, some work some dont. you will just have to try it. the steam app id number is dependent on which engine was used to make the mod...

Sep 5 2009 Anchor

roh_madscientistmod wrote: I've found this problem several times, in which case i have found that the 'steam app ID' pointer (located in the 'gameinfo.txt' folder within the mods parent folder) is either incorrect or i do not have the correct game engine. in which case the game will not show up in games list. for example I have changed the line 'Steam App ID = 215' to 'Steam App ID = 220' (which changes an older version of the HL2 engine (215) into the updated version (220). i have had to do this several times with mods, some work some dont. you will just have to try it. the steam app id number is dependent on which engine was used to make the mod...

WTH?!?! i just did that and now they dont show up at all. they used to show but not after this lol

EDIT: how did you get smod to work cuz mine is in a zip and it doesnt work?

Edited by: zombielox

Sep 14 2009 Anchor

guys it doesn't work to me either.and i need some help.some body can hel plzzzzz?

Varsity
Varsity Fine Nonsense!
Sep 14 2009 Anchor

for example I have changed the line 'Steam App ID = 215' to 'Steam App ID = 220' (which changes an older version of the HL2 engine (215) into the updated version (220)

You have that completely backwards. 220 is HL2 itself, and 215 is Source SDK Base. The latter is several years more up to date than the former.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.