Forum Thread
Half-Life 2 Expansion Pack Officially Announced (Forums : PC Gaming : Half-Life 2 Expansion Pack Officially Announced) Locked
Thread Options
Apr 8 2005 Anchor

For those of you who were distraight over the cliffhanger ending for Half-Life 2 (you know who you are), the expansion pack has officially been announced. It will be a continuation from after the ending of Half-Life 2 itself, where you get to control a new character (by assumption) with Alyx. Most likely, it will actually might be the events leading up to it or the escape out of the Citadel, but for now, I think it's a good sign that Valve wants to already extend the game.

Here's an interview from Eurogamer with Robin Harper and Marc Laidlaw of Valve: Eurogamer.net

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

Apr 8 2005 Anchor

Yeah here is something else that might be interesting to see.
Ve3d.ign.com

--

Dragonlord
Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Apr 8 2005 Anchor

hehe... doesn't look like the game is that good if they need to inject expensions packs already that early... ^_^... <sarcasme>don't we love valve</sarcasme>

Apr 8 2005 Anchor

That's funny... because Doom 3, the original Half-Life, Battlefield 1942, Joint Ops, and Neverwinter Nights all had expansion packs not that long after they were released. Just because they're considering releasing an expansion pack more than half a year after the game's release doesn't mean that they were disappointed with their game. Actually, it's the opposite. They're just trying to ride high from the success.

I declare your perceptive sarcasm asinine. :)

Edited by: Karuto

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

ShortCutMan
ShortCutMan ♥ Pure ♥ Bred ♥ Geek ♥
Apr 9 2005 Anchor

Is this the real ending? Does this mean I'll have to buy my Steam account back from the people I sold it too?

--

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 98% that is an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
User Posted Image

Stuffie
Stuffie Mod DB Star * !
Apr 9 2005 Anchor

Sounds about right, hopefully theyll include something interesting that was meant to feature in HL2 but for some ungodly reason they left it out.

Also will this be free ?

--

Stuffie
User Posted Image

Dragonlord
Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Apr 9 2005 Anchor

Stuffie wrote: Also will this be free ?

i doubt it as all that valve released connected to hl2 (except the sdk of course) has been pay-soft. beeing free would be a nice surprise though.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.