Forum Thread
Goldfinger 64 - looking for mapper (Forums : Recruiting & Resumes : Goldfinger 64 - looking for mapper) Locked
Thread Options
Oct 11 2009 Anchor

Hello folks. My name is monkeyface and I'm the project lead of Goldfinger 64, a .rom-hacking project that will create an entirely new game out of the Nintendo 64-game Goldeneye 007, with a setting based on the 1964-movie Goldfinger. It will finally be distributed as a (legal) .ips-file that people will be able to patch their Goldeneye-.rom with and play on their emulator of choice.

Our message-boards: Shootersforever.com
Moddb.com-profile: Moddb.com

Auric's car Enemy soldiers James Bond Fort Knox, partially textured Industrial laser Prison overview

We already got three mappers, but we need more people.
Here's what you'll need to know:

Optimization - This is an old game we're talking about, and one room shouldn't exceed 2000 triangles. Know how to optimize your map.
Sense of design - As I said, it's an old game, and flashy textures or bump maps wont help you to cover for a bad level design. You should know what you're doing and what you want to achieve. It'd also help if you recognized the "highs" in the Goldeneye level design, so that you know what to strive for.
.OBJ exporter - Just make sure that the software of your choice can export .obj-files.

Here's what you don't have to worry about:
Textures - We got an entire library of the original Goldeneye-textures, and if you need a new custom texture, it'll be produced for you.
Props - The same thing as with textures.
Hosting - We'll host your files, backups or finished work.

Specific levels, missions and concepts will be discussed if you wish to join us.

Contact me at kentrye@hotmail.com or at this site.

Kind regards, monkeyface

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.