Forum Thread
Games are gonna be $10 more?!?! (Forums : Console Gaming : Games are gonna be $10 more?!?!) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4
May 28 2005 Anchor

This sucks. I already have to pay $300 for a new system. Now i'll have to spend $60 everytime i want a new game? BOOOOO!!!!

Ebgames.com

Ebgames.com

May 28 2005 Anchor

Didn't we use to pay $60 for a game, and aren't some of the big titles already up there in price? I mean, if I'm going to spend $50 on a game, I don't mind throwing another $10 on, honestly. I've already spent that much, might as well spend a little more for the developers/publishers if I like the game so they can continue their endeavors. They have to spend up to 8-figures to create the game. I won't complain about the added cost.

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

May 28 2005 Anchor

They're already too expensive as it is. $10 extra doesnt seem that much to pay right now, but it all adds up after awhile.

mr.spammer
mr.spammer More Than A Woman
May 28 2005 Anchor

any person who had a life and wasnt a complete computer geek nerd would never pay $60 for a game. we have something called 'real life' for free nowadays.

May 28 2005 Anchor

Yeah, I have a life. I also have something called a "job" so I can pay that extra $10 without having to worry. You don't have to be a complete geek nerd (wow, don't those two words mean the same thing? :P) to pay an extra $10. That just means you have the money to spend. Besides, spending $10 won't make a difference to your personality, either. :|

--

mr.spammer
mr.spammer More Than A Woman
May 28 2005 Anchor

well if a game for $60 is the best thing to spend your money on i'll be damned.

May 28 2005 Anchor

It's still ridiculous. No matter how good the games will be.

Edited by (in order): Chunky, Chunky, Chunky

ImTheDarkcyde
ImTheDarkcyde ¯\(º_o)/¯
May 28 2005 Anchor

hey stupid, see if you can find a computer catelog from early 90s

sim earth used to cost 75$
and it was on floppies

besides, we are already seeing price increases with the new handhels, 40 bucks for psp games, which coincidentally are worth 10$ less than the 30 i pay for ds games

May 28 2005 Anchor

hey stupid, just because other games in the past have also been overpriced doesnt mean it's fair

Edited by: Chunky

ror
ror
May 28 2005 Anchor

£60 sounds really cheap, I mean in the UK we pay (or at least did last time I checked, may have come down recently) about 40-50 quid for a new title and that's 80-100 dollars :\

PC games are much cheaper than console ones tho thankfully.

--

teamgames are for those who want to blame their losses on others. Play deathmatch you wuss.

ImTheDarkcyde
ImTheDarkcyde ¯\(º_o)/¯
May 28 2005 Anchor

cause PC is cheaper to develop for, not needing to purchase rights and sdks etc

May 28 2005 Anchor

That's funny, because last time I checked, I paid $55 for Half-Life 2. :P

You just have to get used to it. The video game industry is still growing, and to adjust with the economy (i.e. supply and demand), they want to increase the cost of the games. I remember paying $60 for N64 games (around that), and it didn't bother me that much.

And spammer, don't you think you're being a little critical? PC games of today cost the same as console games (at least for the most part), so what if they go up to $60? Don't get me wrong, but of what I can see, everyone on here is a gaming geek. Just because we have the money to go out and spend the money for games doesn't mean we don't have a life. Some of the most successful people in the world play games, ya know. :P (Bill Gates, obviously, for one)

--

Wilhelm_III
Wilhelm_III Who the hell do I think I am?
May 28 2005 Anchor

I do remember them as being 60. But, I think it will get more peeps to get PC games 'cause they will be cheaper.

Edited by: Wilhelm_III

quellmyapathy
quellmyapathy Game Overdrive / Overdrive Games
May 28 2005 Anchor

I'd like everyone to devote two years of their life working 60+-hour weeks to create a game and spend tons of money, then complain.

Sure, I don't make much money, but games aren't that expensive and neither is $10 more for something that's been worked on for extremely long lengths of time.

ShortCutMan
ShortCutMan ♥ Pure ♥ Bred ♥ Geek ♥
May 28 2005 Anchor

All you idiots, stop complaining. If a new game came out at that price in Australia, it'd be cheap as. We pay around $74 of your US dollars for a brand new game. Thats why I'm getting right back into handhelds, DS games are far cheaper than PC and Console games. Plus, there's more innovation in them too.

--

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 98% that is an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
User Posted Image

Wilhelm_III
Wilhelm_III Who the hell do I think I am?
May 28 2005 Anchor

When was I complaining? Never! Meh, I like PC game more than Nintendogs...

Edited by: Wilhelm_III

ShortCutMan
ShortCutMan ♥ Pure ♥ Bred ♥ Geek ♥
May 29 2005 Anchor

Meh, I don't believe I can get ElectroPlankton on PC, or Viewtiful Joe. No innovation on PC is half the reason I'm saving for a mac anyway.

--

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 98% that is an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
User Posted Image

ImTheDarkcyde
ImTheDarkcyde ¯\(º_o)/¯
May 29 2005 Anchor

' That's funny, because last time I checked, I paid $55 for Half-Life 2.'

doom3 also

though i have to say, you were stupid to not get it on steam at a discount rate

Sticky I'm pretty awesome.
May 31 2005 Anchor

Hmmmmm....let's read this again shall we?

Gamestop wrote: The ship date and retail price have not been confirmed and therefore are subject to change. If the retail price is decreased you will receive the lower price.

(I know it's the EB Site, but they were bought by Gamestop)

May 31 2005 Anchor

I heard that they weren't bought, just joined together. Doesn't matter though...

Stuffie
Stuffie Mod DB Star * !
May 31 2005 Anchor

a WHOLE $10 more,

like ror Im guessing theyll be like £50 ($100)here like most new console games, N64 ones used to be £60 a whopping $120 of your american dollars.

Think yourself better off rather than less off.

--

Stuffie
User Posted Image

May 31 2005 Anchor

Just like gas money, you start to notice overtime. Your money is going to disappear sooner whether you earn a lot of money or not.

May 31 2005 This post has been deleted.
Sticky I'm pretty awesome.
May 31 2005 Anchor

Stuffie wrote: a WHOLE $10 more,

like ror Im guessing theyll be like £50 ($100)here like most new console games, N64 ones used to be £60 a whopping $120 of your american dollars.

Think yourself better off rather than less off.

I thought England stopped using the English pound and moved to the Euro, like everyone else. :/

May 31 2005 Anchor

I wanted something off of ebay it was called doctor who destiny of the docotors but guess hwat it was from uk and it cost alot so i wasn't able to get it.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.