Forum Thread
Galaxy at War - Seeking 1 Modeler and 2 Texture Artists (Forums : Recruiting & Resumes : Galaxy at War - Seeking 1 Modeler and 2 Texture Artists) Locked
Thread Options
Jun 9 2010 Anchor
User Posted Image

Hey all,

First off, Galaxy at War is a total conversion mod for the RTS game Starcraft II. The goal of the mod is to provide players with a fun mod based off of the Clone Wars era of the Star Wars movies (The first three movies). You can find our page at Mod DB here.

Modelers must have:
- Examples of previous work with poly counts.
- Ability to model buildings, vehicles, and other environment models from the SW movies.
- We will provide extensive concept art / reference pictures for you to create your models.
- UVW Unwrapping ability is a huge plus, but it is not necessary.

Texture Artists/Skinners:
- Examples of previous work.
- Ability to texture buildings, vehicles, and other environment objects from the SW movies.
- We will provide extensive concept art / reference pictures for you to create your textures.
- We prefer that you do NOT use pictures or stills from the SW movies to create your textures. You may create them by hand from scratch or, for vehicles and buildings/plants, use preexisting textures such as rocks/metal/glass.
- UVW Unwrapping ability is preferred, although not necessary.

Be aware that we are looking for a high quality of work! If you feel you can fill one of these spots, feel free to post here, send me a private message, or email me at jpeterman92@gmail.com.

Thanks!

(A few examples of models and textures from SW:GAW)
Model by TiJiL:
User Posted Image

Model by TiJil, Texture by Master Windu:
User Posted Image

Jun 9 2010 Anchor

This sounds like a good opportunity. I would like to apply for either position. I am a professional modeler with 10 years of experience and I have done texture work on console titles such as Forza 3 (credited). I have an old reel online at www.dmradford.com,, for more recent or specific work samples, please email me at david@dmradford.com and I can send them over.

-David

Edited by: DMRadford

Jun 10 2010 Anchor

Hi David,

Your work looks excellent, and we'd be glad to have your help. We have forums located here, but our staff forums are hidden to those without Project Team access. If you can register at Revora (where our forums are located), I can promote you to Project Team and give you the password to our staff forums.

A little more about the project: Because Starcraft 2 hasn't been released yet, we thought that this would be a great opportunity to get a lot of the art done before the game even releases. This way, we can cut down on a lot of the time fans will have to wait for the mod after the game is released. We have a great deal of art already done, but there are always improvements that could be made or more things to work on. So, our focus right now is on getting all the art that we can completed, and then when the game releases we'll be able to focus primarily on marketing and coding/balance issues.

For further contact, my AIM is jpeterman92@gmail.com and my MSN is master_windu1@hotmail.com. My email is the same as my AIM address (jpeterman92@gmail.com) and you can also contact me here through a PM or on Revora through a PM. Once you have registered on Revora, if you could send me your username I can promote you to Project team and get you into our staff area ASAP.

Thanks,
Jack

Edited by: Master_Windu

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.