Forum Thread
Exporting Smd from max 2009 error (Forums : 3D Modeling & Animating : Exporting Smd from max 2009 error) Locked
Thread Options
Oct 16 2008 Anchor

guys im using a script to export smd files from 3ds max 2009 it works but when i open the smd file to see if its correct the bones are in the wrong position (turned 90ยบ) any ideas to help me with this?

Nov 30 2008 Anchor

I'm having a similar issue. However, I've noticed it's only when I'm using the export for a physics model, and only when there are 2 or more parts (i.e. concave collision). I tried rotating the objects manually in Max and they're still rendering in the same (wrong) place.

Dec 3 2008 Anchor

maethor man, my problem was solved when i delete an object that was attached to my arms rig from Half life 2. The object was with its x-scale changed so it was twisting my arm rig (this object was part of the controls of my rig). Take a look at your models and things attached to them.

Nilghai
Nilghai Mod Leader - Manporter
Dec 31 2008 Anchor

Remember to check the qc file, that could be the problem.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.