Forum Thread
DICE should remake battleffield 1942 and port it over to PS3 and XBOX 360 (Forums : Console Gaming : DICE should remake battleffield 1942 and port it over to PS3 and XBOX 360) Locked
Thread Options
Nov 12 2013 Anchor

For the next release in the Battlfield franchise (seeing that EA will probably be releasing another Medal of Honor next year) DICE should remake BF1942 because it was a very good game but it could still have some improvements.

If they were to actually remake the game, I reckon they should keep the singleplayer the same but if you choose campagin instead of instant action it's actually a campaign, not just a match you have by yourself with a whole lot of bots. They should keep Instant action but implement split-screen so you and some friends can just boss it up against the bots.

Another thing they should feature in the game is hot-swapping. For those of you who've never played or heard of Battlefield 2: Modern Combat (The first Battlefield game in the franchise to be released on consoles) hot-swapping was a feature in BF2:MC where in singleplayer, you could switch between different team-mates, any team-mate in fact. It would just be so damn Awesome if they included that in Campagin. DICE should also giv every faction their own weapons and vehicles (Because it was a bit stupid to see japanese troops driving a german jeep or russians driving an american jeep, but i've heard the lend-lease program so don't get me started about that). Well anyways all I'm trying to say is DICE should remake the first-ever battlefield. There shouldn't be any blood or gore just to keep some of the classic gameplay the same.

Edited by: thatotherdude1

Nov 13 2013 Anchor

I know you're right, I mean look at the pc versions of every Battlefield game tat had a console counterpart, they have a larger player limit for a server than console versions. But i still think it's a great idea if dice did remake BF1942 for pc, xbox360, ps3, ps4 and xboxone. The graphics are also better

--

Hey man

Nov 13 2013 Anchor

It will never work. They don't seem to be in the business of pleasing loyal fans anymore, just competing with call of duty. Unless of course cod went back to WW2 for some reason. Then 1942 would be their secret weapon. It would definitely have much more hype.

Edited by: go0der

Nov 13 2013 Anchor

Release it with day 1 Dlc, 20 maps for $5 each, buyable guns and lots of hats. :p

It'd be good to get faithful, remake. I don't think we will see it from EA, at the moment modern warfare being more prevalent. Usually it'd be up to an independant team to probably take it on.
I wonder if they will actually touch on a futuristic one again, as like 2142, guess we'll see next year, hopefully they wont follow cod and just focus on modern war, but go with varying periods.

Nov 13 2013 Anchor

2142 was my favorite battlefield game. I believe that the new game coming to Xbox One called "TitanFall" is a hush attempt to revive 2142 with unfortunately NO credits due. I mean come on, mechs and future warfare in multiplayer form, a game mode in 2142 had to do with shooting down(fall) large floating carriers named "titans". It's also my opinion that gameplay and guns are pretty similiar. EA is also publishing the game, but under a different developer.

Nov 13 2013 Anchor

En.wikipedia.org

--

Someone wrote: Her?

Nov 14 2013 Anchor

I agree. It definitely isn't a full blown remake. It was actually just DLC with one map.

Nov 14 2013 Anchor

Yeah but still. I mean c,mon guys. It's also funny how they'd compete with cod. I mean why? They've got vehicles, and cod doesn't (well besides world at war, cod3 and United offensive) but i find that cod has better infantry gameplay because, of course it's infantry-based multiplayer and i like the perks and all, but battlefield has better features of its own like the driveable vehicles, it's large and destructible maps, the customizable vehicles competeing that's just petty, they should just stop focusing on trying one game better than the other and focusing more on just expanding on their own game. Basically, they both have their pros and cons. If only bf1943 also featured some of the maps from the european campiagn.

Call of duty doesn't focus only on modern warfare, as you can see black ops 2 was set in the future and in the 80's (unless you count the 80's as modern). Well what i'm trying to say is basically they're both really good games. Just imagine battlefields vehicles, large maps, destructible environments and vehicle customization plus cods create-a-soldier, (well from cod ghosts of course) perks, weapons, infantry gameplay, and gamemodes all combined together.

If you have read this and you have nothing nice to post then don't post it!!

I also wished that IW would remake the first COD as well as dice remaking the first BF. I believe that a lot of games could use a remake. I would even like to see splash damage remake Wolfenstein: Enemy territory, and make it a bit more like Enemy territory: Quake wars just with more realistic skins for the characters i mean the stock skins looked horrible but they look cool in wolfenstein 2009 multiplayer.

--

Hey man

Nov 15 2013 Anchor

It's about how you kill your friends in style now in mainstream, cod has a lot of that. You can't say they're not competing with them. And on destructibility, it's not as complex as they make it out to be. They just use a crap load of particles to hide sections from vanishing.

Nov 15 2013 Anchor

i know, i know you're right. But you (just before you say go and eat crap you battlefield fan, i actually a cod fan as well as a battlefield fan coz i played cod before i even eard of Battlefield coz i was like three when bf1942 came out back in 02) can still kill people in style in Battlfield. Heres some examples.

You could be flying a helicopter jump out, deploy your parachute no-scope a couple of guys, (or if you have an rpg or some similar you could like blow up some helis) then quickscope someone before you land. You could be shot at constantly by someone who is standing on some stairs and he is armed with a rocket launcher and you're just riding on a jet ski (okay i saw this on a video for bf4) and then you drive up to the stairs go flying off the stairs, and hit the guy straight in the face.

You could also rig your humvee (or something similar) with some c4 ride it into an objective whch is being heavily defended by other players and detonate it while at the same time the c4-rigged vehicle could be blowing up 8 campers. You could collapse that building in the siege of shanghai map and jump off the top of it, deploy your parachute, grab out a sniper rifle and kill a couple dudes only to land on the objective and capture it.

But I still love call of duty more than almost any other game. It's just i'd like to see a remake of BF1942.

--

Hey man

Nov 15 2013 Anchor

I like ArmA. It's awesome because it's realistic, but for some reason, if i got ArmA for christmas instead of cod, i would feel that theres something missing. Although did you think it was a good idea?

--

Hey man

Nov 17 2013 Anchor

Believe me I'm not a fan of cod, but I like to stay objective. I do have to agree with Argyius though. And I've stuck with Bohemia interactive from Operation Flashpoint to Arma 3 and they really do care about community in every segment, in fact, they kinda let the community finish the game for them. You would get thousands of more hours playing arma than you would cod (even multiplayer). It has a built-in easy to use map editor for making missions, loads of scripting options, and you can share them here Armaholic.com. That link is my arma bible lol

Nov 18 2013 Anchor

Yeah i know that theres a built-in map editor in ArmA and I know that bohemia interactive actually cares about the community. But cod is a game i can't keep playing video games without. By the way, when you say from Operation falshpoint to ArmA 3, do you mean even the games made by codemasters (operation flashpoint dragon risng and red river) because i love those two games as well

--

Hey man

Nov 19 2013 Anchor

no, the two companies worked on cold war crisis and resistance then split. Those games are pretty old but play a lot like Arma. Resistance even has the dynamic story missions Arma 3 is pushing for. Codemasters tried to build the same kind of game using their racing engine and yet vehicles were probably the worst part of their OF games. They excluded the editor from red river which put the final nail in the coffin for me. They were pretty fun when you got on multiplayer though.

Nov 19 2013 Anchor

Yes i know that both codemasters and bohemia interactive worked on cold war crisis and resistance then they split.

--

Hey man

Nov 19 2013 Anchor

I'm probably going to reinstall 2142 and see if a lot of people are still playing. Wouldn't be surprised if there are still full servers.

Nov 19 2013 Anchor

My favorite time was in battlefield 2142 in Camp Gibraltar. I always like when there was a stalemate at the security booths halfway in. artillery and emp blasts happened all over while I tried to keep everyone on the line healed/supplied. That game had the funnest time of pure battlefield chaos.

Nov 19 2013 Anchor

Argyrius wrote: 2142 was my favourite battlefield game (if I don't take in consideration the mods for 1942). It was the most fun I ever had during a game when me and 5 of my friends held the Church of Verdun with 100% bot accuracy for the enemy.

Oops. We have really abandonned the topic... well, as long as it is fine with thatotherude1 we can continue the talk about good fps games.

Problem with such nostalgia is that we rarely really miss the games, but more often the friends and time spent together.

Nov 19 2013 Anchor

I don't have any friends so it's the game for me lol

Nov 19 2013 Anchor

Do you mean real-life friends or friends online.

--

Hey man

Nov 20 2013 Anchor

neither

Nov 20 2013 Anchor

What a sad little life you live (unless you'd accept me as a random friend who you don't know)

I know i should've said this ages ago Argyrius, but feel free to go off topic on any of my threads.

--

Hey man

Masoneh
Masoneh digitally artistic.
Dec 11 2013 Anchor

We have no idea what they'll release next year, as the MOH franchise was brought to an end after warfighter. Financially it didn't do as well as they wanted it to so they canned it

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.