Forum Thread
Cryenging - Vertex Paint Shader 2014 (Forums : Development Banter : Cryenging - Vertex Paint Shader 2014) Locked
Thread Options
SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Feb 24 2014 Anchor

Hi!

I'm looking for a working 2014 shader version of this incredible shader/tool:

Polycount.com

When I try to import/load the 0.04 version into Maya 2014 (using Hypershade Editor -> Load) I get an "unrecognised file type" error. I really need something like this and it seems to me, like this one is the best tool I can find. If you have other suggestions for CrySDK shaders that allow for Vertex Painting (in Cryengine 3!), I'd be happy to hear about it. I can't test or optimise my current model, until I can try some Vertex painting in Cryengine. So I really, really need this.

Thanks for your future replies ;)!

Feb 25 2014 Anchor

If the plugin works with earlier versions of Maya you mgiht want to consider using those instead. There really isn't that much new you truely need in the newer versions anyway, (except for stupid bugs fixed).

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Feb 25 2014 Anchor

I'm also interested in learning more about the workflow itself. I don't think the tool is necessary to do what I need to do - it's just a nice interface to tweak it all with sliders and buttons. BUTTONS - we all love those! AND SLIDERS - love 'em too!

There are only a few tutorials and most of them don't cover the whole process. I'd like to see someone use vertex paint in maya and then export his shader and map into CrySDK. That would be perfect for a start. The documentation for Cryengine is really lacking in that regard. MOAR videos, people! It's like they always omit the part I need to know about, in their tutorials and help files...

--

User Posted Image

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.