Forum Thread
Battlefield 2 leaked already? (Forums : PC Gaming : Battlefield 2 leaked already?) Locked
Thread Options
MajorPest
MajorPest Village Idiot
Mar 29 2005 Anchor

a couple minutes ago - a friend of friend on my xfire list showed as playing battlefield 2.

Xfire.com

theres his profile - whats up with that? beta? leaked? why is it even supported by xfire this early...

ShortCutMan
ShortCutMan ♥ Pure ♥ Bred ♥ Geek ♥
Mar 29 2005 Anchor

Has to be a bug, the xFire team to know some details about the exe to be able to include it.

--

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 98% that is an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
User Posted Image

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Mar 29 2005 Anchor

Or perhaps he played a game with the binary called bf2.exe :P

--

<  insert subject games here  >

Mar 31 2005 Anchor

He may be on the beta testing team. The BF community has found out that the devs have been testing BF2 on gamespy. They even found a site with demo footage - which can only be read on the BF2 engine, and the ip of the testing server, using a game browser you could see the players listed as "[DICE]etc" and "[EA-test]guy", stuff like that.

No, it hasn't been leaked.

Mar 31 2005 Anchor

And you can do something with xfire like that :/

Apostle
Apostle User of the force.
Apr 12 2005 Anchor

Cheapalert wrote: Or perhaps he played a game with the binary called bf2.exe :P

Yip, I checked on the xfire forums and it is very simple to do apparently. You rename notepad.exe to whatever, bf2.exe, and the add it to the games list in xfire and hey presto! Pretty sad though really.

There is demo servers, EA have a testing server, two I think. People know the ip address, and some guy took screenshots from ase of the server details. I think this was on totalbf2.com not sure.

--

User Posted Image

User Posted Image Vote 5 April 2005

Blinks
Blinks A transpecies dolphin
Apr 13 2005 Anchor

Usually leaked games that you download off the internet suck. A friend of a friend of a friend of mine had an early build of hl2 and everything was uncompiled and ugly.

(I DID NOT PIRATE HL2!!!!! I COULD BE LYING)

--

The smilie knows best.
Listen to him and all your questions WILL be answered.
:)
Moddb.com - HL2 JOUST MOD!!

Apr 13 2005 Anchor

You pirate'er.

Wilhelm_III
Wilhelm_III Who the hell do I think I am?
Apr 13 2005 Anchor

We would have heard something from the compony if it was leaked.

chis
chis Old man.
Apr 13 2005 Anchor

Indeed, pointless eeeeeennnd

--

Nothing.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.