Forum Thread
An idea I've been kicking about for UT2004 (Forums : Ideas & Concepts : An idea I've been kicking about for UT2004) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 13 2004 Anchor

A mod based around the mechwarrior/battletech universe. With Unreal's excellent engine allowing you to get in and out of vehicles it always struck me that it would make an excellent basis for this kind of mod. Problem is I have literally zero mod making skills. Am hoping someone will take an interest in this!
The gameplay could reflect UT's assualy mod, where you have to take (and maybe hold) certain objectives in order to win the map.
Spawning as a powered armour infantryman you could get in and out of mechs to accomplish the objectives.
If anyone thinks its a worthy idea let me know :)

Aug 13 2004 Anchor

Well, probably one of the worst thing to start off with on zero mod-making skills is a mod based around mechs. They are real tough to make, and even design in the first place. You should first start off making minor modifications to engines, then grow into a TC. That way, you have the experience to know what goes into a mod and how to lead one.

But, if you have any luck finding members that'd be willing to work with a noob.... Cheers.

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

Aug 13 2004 Anchor

I'm not saying I'll make it, I'm just suprised no one has attempted to yet considring the large fan base. I'm not a noob, that implies I can actually do something with mods :p
I'm just pitching the idea thats all.

Aug 13 2004 Anchor

Well, there aren't any for UT2k4, but there are sure mech games for other engines: Moddb.com

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

arvey-Haynos
arvey-Haynos ModDB Wickerman
Aug 13 2004 Anchor

It's a good idea though.

--

User Posted Image

Lust
Lust An idea can't be killed.
Aug 13 2004 Anchor

perveboy wrote: A mod based around the mechwarrior/battletech universe. With Unreal's excellent engine allowing you to get in and out of vehicles it always struck me

you can do the same in bf1942

Karuto wrote: Well, there aren't any for UT2k4, but there are sure mech games for other engines: Moddb.com

mechmod which is for halflife

--

David=/=Dave

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Aug 13 2004 Anchor

Wait for Starsiege: 2845.

--

<  insert subject games here  >

yalldropdead
yalldropdead scum of moddb
Aug 13 2004 Anchor

if it makes it any better i actually thought of it too, and think it would be cool, but like you my mod skills arent good and thinking about it wont make a mod.

ShortCutMan
ShortCutMan ♥ Pure ♥ Bred ♥ Geek ♥
Aug 13 2004 Anchor

There is a mech mod for UT2004, I forgot the name of it, but there is one.

--

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 98% that is an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
User Posted Image

Dragonmaw
Dragonmaw modDB Ninja
Aug 13 2004 Anchor

Yup, there is.

--

User Posted Image

Aug 17 2004 Anchor

Don't forget the Heavy Gear mod for UT2k4, and there's a mech mod for BF1942 if I recall correctly.

Aug 17 2004 Anchor

why dosent he just start off with mapping or something? I mean its a start :/

--

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.