Forum Thread
AK-47 (Forums : Pimpage & Posing : AK-47) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
Feb 16 2004 Anchor

Ok, here it is:

User Posted Image
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

I started and finished it yesterday and now im going to start work on the M16. I should have it done within the week.

.............Blarg!

Garglet
Garglet I can't get the neighbours cat out of my house!
Feb 16 2004 Anchor

very good job :D :thumbup:

--

look at me, i have no signature!

Feb 16 2004 Anchor

nice whats the poly count?

--

--------------------------------------------------
---------
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man´s character give him power"
-Abraham Lincoln
Odin1985
Coder, Webmaster and Modeler
[IMAGE]
--------------------------------------------------
---------

ShadowDragon
ShadowDragon ShadowLore Co-Leader & Modeler
Feb 16 2004 Anchor

Well done :) But the ligthing sucks, it's hard to pick out all the detail.

--

ShadowLore profile: Moddb.com

chis
chis Old man.
Feb 16 2004 Anchor

wow :| amazing stuff :thumbup:

--

Nothing.

Feb 16 2004 Anchor

I know the lighting sucks, Ill make better lighting on the rest of my model renders. All the rifle models I am making have a poly range from 3000-3400 polys.

krayzie
krayzie Max Abuser
Feb 16 2004 Anchor

hey reino what is that thing in your icon supposed to be?

--

Wilhelm_III
Wilhelm_III Who the hell do I think I am?
Feb 16 2004 Anchor

A helocopter I think. Nice job btw.

Feb 16 2004 Anchor

Its a blimp flying the the city of Librium.

Neo-Reloaded
Neo-Reloaded I think i'm BaCk! :) i'm 18 now :P 28/03 (H)
Feb 16 2004 Anchor

nice AK bro!:D

--

**wearing a christmas hat since xmas 2004 :)** ThAt'S ThE sPiRiT! ;)
thx 4 teh avatar cheap!:D
Back regularly! 8) i'm an adult in my country now! i'm 18!:O ... anyway...
I'm Back :) ... or am I? O_o

new e-mail addy, check profile :)

Feb 16 2004 Anchor

hell yeah! i wish someone can give me tips on how to lower my poly count, and add more detail to my guns.... :( :(

but nice job tho :)

--

User Posted Image

Louis M. , HL1/HL2 Mapper

Feb 16 2004 Anchor

Nice job man! :D, oh yeah!...is there (good) any tutorials, like simple enough for me to learn lol? ...cHIs?? :D

- Edited By hatel3reed On Tue 17th, Feb 2004 @ 12:28:09am

--

Feb 16 2004 Anchor

Do you work for any game companies reino? Where do you work?

Feb 16 2004 Anchor

oh yea he works for games.... he owns his own company... he makes his own models and maps and everything... (heard from TLBadCompany)

--

User Posted Image

Feb 16 2004 Anchor

he IS a game designer

--

User Posted Image

Feb 16 2004 Anchor

sweet... Id like to work for Ubisoft or EA Games :D thatd be sweet

--

Feb 16 2004 Anchor

meh, i have NOOOO chance at working for any company the way i model... but i have a very high chance at mapping.. cuz i map pretty damn good ;)

--

User Posted Image

Feb 17 2004 Anchor

danmit crunchy you spammed 3 replies! now he is going to miss meh question!!!

ShortCutMan
ShortCutMan ♥ Pure ♥ Bred ♥ Geek ♥
Feb 17 2004 Anchor

Very nice work, nice detail all round. Were'd you learn to add the detail?!
/me suggests you write tut

--

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 98% that is an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
User Posted Image

T-RonX
T-RonX Warm Milk
Feb 17 2004 Anchor

Looks good :thumbup: :)

--

Feb 17 2004 Anchor

@operativex: Yes. I am the head of my company, Hi-Fi Entertainment and I use to do a bit of freelance work for small end companies (Ones making their ways to the big letters).

@ShortCutMan: I do plan on writing a tutorial some time in March, so look out for it ;) Also for the detail question, One way I get most of the detail in is looking at 34 different angled images of the gun, some of the guns I own (Tokyo Marui). Every time I make a gun model, I get to pick a airsoft gun that I want based on the model that I made. Some times I can't get them though because my company has to savor our salery for monthly costs (Electricity, water, heat, etc).

@Everyone: Thank you people :) Im working on the M16 right now, I should have it done by 8:00pm Mountain Time (Alberta, Canada).

Wilhelm_III
Wilhelm_III Who the hell do I think I am?
Feb 17 2004 Anchor

So... you pay yourself in airsoft guns...?

Feb 17 2004 Anchor

Wow cool Reino! Has your company produced any games? If so, what games?

Feb 18 2004 Anchor

@Wilhelm_III: No, I get them free but our stock holders pay for it. They pay more for us then we pay for the stocks on anything we buy.

@operativex:We have made 2 games, both released In Canada. We could have released them world wide had we been a company for 2 more years. We were on a 1 year development license which means we only had access to stock holders in our Country. The games were "City Under Fire" released in 2001 based on an L.A.P.D type thing. Its singleplayer only because it was our second project, however our first project will remain unnamed. It was so horrible -now that we are looking back at it- that we dont even want to remember it, but we do because the first project is always remembered.

Feb 18 2004 Anchor

lol haha is it really that bad?!?! lol Anyways does your company have a website? i would like to check out this city under fire game, it sounds interesting...

edit: Oh yeah! forgot to ask, what game engine did you use? i Heard that for the quake 2 engine it is like $10,000. And you said your company was small so how did you get a license for a engine?

Sorry if i am getting a little annoying with my questions but its very interesting:)

- Edited By operativex On Wed 18th, Feb 2004 @ 2:54:14am

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.