Forum Thread
Age of Empires 3 (Forums : PC Gaming : Age of Empires 3) Locked
Thread Options
Apr 17 2005 Anchor

Ensemblestudios.com
Well it is only very early days but do you think ensemble can deliver a third time around?. The first screenshots do look good. From what I've read it sounds promising so far.

Aoe3 - Hit or Miss?

Edited by (in order): Brad_Mclain, Brad_Mclain

--

User Posted Image

mr.spammer
mr.spammer More Than A Woman
Apr 17 2005 Anchor

Definately, I've got a feeling Ensemble won't dissapoint, they have a good record with things like that.

chis
chis Old man.
Apr 17 2005 Anchor

I quite liked AoE2.. but you know, I'm not interested in any new ones :P! good gameplay though

--

Nothing.

Wilhelm_III
Wilhelm_III Who the hell do I think I am?
Apr 17 2005 Anchor

Wasn;t there already a thread about this? I am pretty sure... Game still looks good though (I read PC Gamer's preview)

Edited by: Wilhelm_III

Apr 17 2005 Anchor

You mean preview? How can you review a game that's still early in the development process? :P

It looks like a great game. I'm definitely buying it, because I had a hell of a fun time playing AoE1 and 2. I can't wait to see what they can come up with this version. It's going to be awesome.

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

Apr 17 2005 Anchor

Did you know the game actually has physics? weird...

Apr 17 2005 Anchor

Ippo wrote: You mean preview? How can you review a game that's still early in the development process? :P

I think you know what he meant.. :|

Yeah I loved Age of Kings and the expansion they were both really cool. Hopefuly on-line gameplay is better this time because last time I was dissapointed. I think it will be good because it certainly looks that way so far.

--

embers.
embers. I'm a lumberjack....
Apr 17 2005 Anchor

Chunky.The.Tree wrote: Did you know the game actually has physics? weird...

dawn of war had physics

Apr 17 2005 Anchor

If you can call flying bboxes connected to models with looped animations physics

... :O

THESE SCREENS ARE TEH SEX!1 :O

Edited by: bart2o

Apr 18 2005 Anchor

Aoe2 is the only game we constantly play at Lan parties. its small, runs smooth even on older computers, easy to get into, different every time, no networking issues.

I hope they don't go overboard with trying to make it look good and neglect the gameplay and playabilty. The aoe series has never been about the graphics though. I hope they dont make it as complicated as COTN.

--

User Posted Image

embers.
embers. I'm a lumberjack....
Apr 18 2005 Anchor

BartNowciu wrote: If you can call flying bboxes connected to models with looped animations physics

and how about the area of effect damage? when you have a huge character and he does his power stomp units will go flying back

Fitz720
Fitz720 The ModDB Bulldog
Apr 19 2005 Anchor

This game looks sweet, can't wait :)

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.