Forum Thread
"6 days war"- We need helpers and support for the mod! (Forums : Pimpage & Posing : "6 days war"- We need helpers and support for the mod!) Locked
Thread Options
Dec 27 2009 Anchor

The Six Days War is a multiplayer fps hl2 mod (using source engine) we are planning to make. Its based on a real war between 4 Arabic states to Israel.
Israel won after 6 days of war, and we wanted to make a memorey for the soldiers who got killed and to make it into a mod.

The models should look something like this : (Color of uniform is green, something like this Dover.idf.il)

Weapons are: (sniper will be added soon)
ISRAEL:
UZI

MAG

FN FAL

ARABIC STATS:
AK 47

For now i know its the only gun they used, but its pretty much impossible they used only one gun. Ill edit this later.

Objects (tanks, crashed planes etc...) NOT RIDEABLE

Tanks:

SHERMAN M50, M51

SHOT

Planes: (crashed on the ground)

Vautour II

MAPS:
IM PUTING HERE ONLY SMALL PLACES OF THE MAP (in real life) BECAUSE I NEED TO FILM/ FIND MORE PICTURES OF THE PLACES, SO I WILL GIVE THE PICTURES TO THE FINAL MAPPERS.

Ramat Hagolan: Two hills, face to face, some shorcuts in the sides of eace team base- going to the middle, small bunkers (not the tall one) for machine guns. I will see if there is more stuff to put in the map, all that will be given to the final mappers (I need to find pictures!).

MORE MAPS/ DETAILS WILL BE ADDED SOON!
I NEED TO GET THE DETAILS FROM PEOPLE WHO KNOWS THE PLACES.

Thank you.

SDW Team.

Edited by: gkidcj

JigsawPieces
JigsawPieces Shut up, that's why.
Dec 28 2009 Anchor
As for your actual post, this is not a good recruitment pitch. You should AT LEAST give clear and concise descriptions of the type of game it is [fps, rts, etc.], the engine you plan on using (or engines you are looking at), a plot synopsis, and the scale of the project, as well as showing us what you've done so far and telling us what your skills are and what you'll be doing. Post any work that has been none.

Here is an example of a good recruitment pitch. It doesn't have to be as big or fancy, but it should include the stuff I listed above.

Goodluck to you.

Edited by (in order): JigsawPieces, TKAzA

Dec 28 2009 Anchor

moved all 2 other threads closed

Dec 29 2009 Anchor

Thanks JigsaePieces.
Ill edit and put details

Handgun_Hero
Handgun_Hero Vietnam | Glory Obscured Beta Tester
Dec 30 2009 Anchor

As Jigsaw said, you need to describe what you are doing. What are the missions like? Is it multiplayer only or singleplayer only or both? What is the degree of realism? What sort of game is it? You need to describe what you want out of this. Anyways some things about the 6 Days War:

-Such disputes that resulted with this war continue today (such as Gaza.) Tread lightly where it is concerned if you don't want to offend certain people.
-The war lasted only 6 days, so there isn't much to cover and much variation in the battles. So you will have to somehow get people interested in the mod and what it will have to offer. Following such styles as seen in games like Brothers in Arms may work, but don't forget that still, World War 2 was much longer than 6 days, and there were a lot of variation in the battles.
-You do realize that almost all of the combat was airborne between the Israelis and the Egyptians? Plus, the Air Combat was very very brutal compared to the fighting on the ground, as both sides had the latest in Soviet/American aircraft available.
-Most ground forces were equipped with modern American/Soviet weapons as well as WW2 era weapons (particularly their tanks.) Just think of weapons from these 2 eras, as these most likely saw use.
-Jordan was reluctant to enter the war - the Egyptians used the first few hours of obscurity in the war to get them involved. Don't expect much on Jordan's end.
-Only focus on the Israeli and Egyptian fighting, as this was really the only fighting that took place and was by far the most brutal.
-What sort of factions will there be? The Israelis, Egyptians, Jordanians, Iraqis and Syrians were the most commonly known ones, but the Americans and Soviets were involved in small scale. There was also a mistake of identity and friendly fire resulted when the Israelis accidentally attacked the USS Liberty and nearly sunk the Aircraft Carrier.
-The Egyptians were known for their propaganda during this war. At the time their false accusations of US and British naval aircraft being involved were perceived as truce, and this resulted in serious backlash from the world and Soviet Union. It almost resulted in the Soviet Union going to war with the USA. Will propaganda in this game play a major point or not?

--

Can you tell me doctor why I still can't get to sleep?
The night time's just a jungle dark and a barking M16.
What's this rash that comes and goes can you tell me what it means?
God help me, I was only 19.

Dec 30 2009 Anchor

Because i wrote its multiplayer without any extras like singleplayer, so its only multiplayer lol: multiplayer doesnt has to be long...
and i also wrote what game is it... hl2 multiplayer fps mod.
But dont worry! ill put more details when ill get them! its really hard to find knowledge about the weapons... i could find arabic weapons :\
Soon ill go to my grandpa who was a weapon man (i dont know how to say that) in the war. Im pretty sure he knows everything i need lol.
Sorry for the missing detail, but as i said ill get more details soon.

Reply to:
"-You do realize that almost all of the combat was airborne between the Israelis and the Egyptians? Plus, the Air Combat was very very brutal compared to the fighting on the ground, as both sides had the latest in Soviet/American aircraft available."
And youre wrong, most of the combat was on ground.

And if you know about the war, can you edit my post and add some details? lol, i would be really happy if you do, i couldnt really find good knowledge about it... i found only in hebrew and its pretty hard to write it in english lol :)

Thank you anyways

Handgun_Hero
Handgun_Hero Vietnam | Glory Obscured Beta Tester
Dec 30 2009 Anchor

Well some examples of famous weapons of the era used in the war are:

Israel:
Small Arms:
-M1911 (.45 Semi Automatic Pistol)
-M1919 (.30 Caliber Medium Machine Gun)
-M1918 (.30 Caliber Automatic Rifle/Light Machine Gun)
-M16 (5.56mm Assault Rifle)
-M14 (7.62mm Battle Rifle)
-M1 Garand (.30 Caliber Battle Rifle)
-M1 Carbine (.30 Caliber Carbine)
-M2 Carbine (.30 Caliber Carbine, pretty much a full auto M1 Carbine)
-M60 (7.62mm Medium Machine Gun)
-Springfield M1903 (.30 Caliber Bolt Actioned Rifle, usually fitted with a scope for a sniper rifle)
-M21 (7.62mm Sniper Rifle, pretty much a scoped M14)
-Thompson M1A1 (.45 Caliber submachine gun)
-CAR 15 (5.56mm Carbine, pretty much a carbine M16 rifle)
-L1A1 SLR (7.62mm Battle Rifle, it's a British version of the FN FAL)
-L34A1 (9mm Submachine Gun, it's an updated version of the Sten)
-Uzi (9mm Submachine Gun, you know about this one I see)

Vehicles:
-M50 Sherman (you know about this one)
-M51 (you know about this one too)
-Centurion (British main battle tank)
-M46 Patton (American battle tank, not entirely sure so don't hold me on this one)
-M48 Patton (American battle tank, not sure on this one either)
-M113 (American amphibious APC)
-F4 Phantom II (American fighter jet, was very common with the Israelis. It had radar guided missiles I believe and was top notch technology for the time.

These are ones off the top of my head to start with, so I could be wrong and also left out a load of them.

Egyptians:
Small Arms:
-TT33 (Soviet 7.62mm pistol)
-SKS 1945 (Soviet 7.62mm self loading rifle)
-AK47 (Soviet 7.62mm assault rifle)
-Baikal IZH/469 (Soviet 12 Gauge Double Barrel Shotgun)
-AKM (Soviet 7.62mm assault rifle, it's an updated AK47 variant)
-MP40 (German 9mm Submachine Gun)
-MG34 (German 7.92mm heavy machine gun)
-MG42 (German 7.92mm heavy machine gun)
-STG44 (German 7.92mm assault rifle)
-RPD (Soviet 7.62mm machine gun)
-SVD Dragunov (Soviet 7.62mm sniper rifle)
-M91/30 (Soviet 7.62mm bolt actioned rifle, usually has a scope attached)
-RPK47 (Soviet 7.62mm LMG, it's an AK47 modified with 30/45/75 magazines and has a bipod and extended barrel, basically an AK47 LMG)
-VZ/59 (Czechoslovakian 7.92mm Light Machine Gun)
-VZ.58 (Czechoslovakian carbine, it's a carbine AK47)
-PPSH41 (Soviet 7.62mm submachine gun)
-PPSH43 (Soviet 7.62mm submachine gun)
-SVT40 (Soviet 7.62mm automatic rifle)

Vehicles:
-T34 (Soviet light tank)
-T54 (Soviet main battle tank)
-T62 (Soviet heavy tank)
-PT76 (Soviet amphibious tank)
-BTR60 (Soviet amphibious APC)
-UAZ 469 (Soviet scout jeep)
-MiG-17 (Soviet multi purpose fighter)
-MiG-21 (Soviet interceptor fighter - it's the counterpart to the F4 Phantom II)

Again this is just off the top of my head and could be wrong on some of these, but I'm pretty sure most of these were around, and there's definitely a lot I left out.

--

Can you tell me doctor why I still can't get to sleep?
The night time's just a jungle dark and a barking M16.
What's this rash that comes and goes can you tell me what it means?
God help me, I was only 19.

Dec 30 2009 Anchor

I saw what weapons used in the six days war from the IDF History, which are the weapons i postted here already.
thats it... Im not sure what weapons from the Egyptians was in the six days war ( from what you wrote) so im leaving it open for now till i get the information about the weapons they used.
Thank you!
Really thank you for youre huge help!!!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.