Forum Thread
12" Proudly presents: What if Meteors Prevail (Forums : Pimpage & Posing : 12" Proudly presents: What if Meteors Prevail) Locked
Thread Options
teh_fonx
teh_fonx Wtf is a FONX ???
Feb 20 2004 Anchor

“What if Meteors Prevail?” is a sci-fi based first person shooter that combines elements of a horror survival game and a team based multiplayer experience.

While it has some similarities to other games in the FPS category it is aimed to be an innovative take on the genre. 12” productions hopes to bring players into the world of W-I-M-P and create an exciting and memorable experience through refined gameplay in great contrast to today’s one dimensional twitch fests.

While most first person shooters cater to the trigger happy crowd with 2 minute rounds of mindless run and gun style gameplay, we hope to introduce half hour periods of cinematic immersion.

User Posted Image

Features:

• Two radically unique sides - Experience the game as either the team oriented Aggression Ranger or one of the lone-wolf Monsters, each providing drastically unique gameplay.
  • You know them and you love them! – The monster team is composed of some of the most recognizable 50’s sci-fi creatures including but not limited to:

• The Zombie – Might be stiff, might be dumb, but he wants your CHOPS, and he wants them now!
    • The ROBOT – not your everyday kitchen appliance, this one is armed with two supercharged plasma cannons and hes tired of taking out your trash.
    • The Insect – Daddy-Longlegs? Lest just say that you're going to need a bit more than just a broom!
    • And many more to come…

• Life after death – Who said its all has to end when you pass on? In W-I-M-P dead players can be just as important as those left alive.

• Single player – A full seperate experience that will act as a prequel to the multiplayer component.
  • - Edited By teh_fonx On Fri 20th, Feb 2004 @ 3:03:59pm

Neo-Reloaded
    Neo-Reloaded I think i'm BaCk! :) i'm 18 now :P 28/03 (H)
    Feb 20 2004 Anchor

i've seen the second drawing...somewhere maybe it was in another one of your threadsO_o

--

**wearing a christmas hat since xmas 2004 :)** ThAt'S ThE sPiRiT! ;)
    thx 4 teh avatar cheap!:D
    Back regularly! 8) i'm an adult in my country now! i'm 18!:O ... anyway...
    I'm Back :) ... or am I? O_o

new e-mail addy, check profile :)

teh_fonx
    Feb 20 2004 Anchor

This is the right forums dip stick, Pimpage right-Well this sure as hell looks like pimpage to me.

Anyways please refrain yourself from any further trolling in my threads. Thank you in advance.

Yeah neo, ive posted that one a long time ago, or rather something similar to it, this is a reworked version based on the new and improved design.

- Edited By teh_fonx On Fri 20th, Feb 2004 @ 2:27:59pm

If you cant be nice in the forums whoever you are things will change!

- Edited By BlueWolf72 On Fri 20th, Feb 2004 @ 10:50:26pm

--

I want to make a mod like counter-strike but with more guns ,3 teams (maybe),and better gfx !!,
    i need a maper,modeler,coder,and someone to maker a website for it, and what ever else u think i may need plz.

Feb 20 2004 Anchor

how do you expect to do all this? It seems too ambitious just for a group of about 15 (if your lucky to get that many poeple) while game companies take years to make anything like your game and they have a staff of 100 working on it 24/7.

Feb 20 2004 Anchor

I mean I know we are planning on doing a lot. We set out to stand out and be innovative. But how exactly is this all that much more than any other of the higher end mods? It's obviously going to be more work than most, since we want to incorporate a lot of different gameplay aspects and making them flow together will definitely be a challenge, but without trying one cannot succeed. I agree, things may get too daunting and the team may fall apart, but I'd rather have that happen and be the wiser because of it, than just settle for another WW2 or 3 realism mod.

So is it an ambitious project? Hell yeah!

Can we get it done? I sure as hell am willing to find out.

--

"I'm the Robenator. Could some one make me a mod that is single player. I want it to be about a CIA agent name James Ryan. His mission to take down a terrorest leader bend on taking over the world. You use everything from silenced weapons to Mini-Guns. If you want to make this mod for me plz tell me.."

To the slow ones, this isn't my idea, it's quoted from here.

Current project:
    WiMP

a_llama
    a_llama Teh moddb llama
    Feb 20 2004 Anchor

operativex wrote: how do you expect to do all this? It seems too ambitious just for a group of about 15 (if your lucky to get that many poeple) while game companies take years to make anything like your game and they have a staff of 100 working on it 24/7.

Game companies aren't willing to make anything ambitious as this because they are afraid they will lose money.

teh_fonx
    Feb 20 2004 Anchor

llama u bring a smile to my face.

To answer Operatrivex’s question, I don’t think that the project is exceptionally ambitious except maybe in its concept. The actual work (models, maps, skins, textures and animations) that needs to be done doesn’t really exceed today’s standards.

Not to mention that far cry is designed to be very mod friendly.

- Edited By teh_fonx On Fri 20th, Feb 2004 @ 4:56:22pm

--

I want to make a mod like counter-strike but with more guns ,3 teams (maybe),and better gfx !!,
    i need a maper,modeler,coder,and someone to maker a website for it, and what ever else u think i may need plz.

teh_fonx
    Feb 20 2004 Anchor

bah!, double post.

- Edited By teh_fonx On Fri 20th, Feb 2004 @ 8:54:38pm

--

Feb 20 2004 Anchor

@llama=Deus ex:Invisible War.

teh_fonx
    Feb 20 2004 Anchor

what do you mean oper ???

- Edited By teh_fonx On Fri 20th, Feb 2004 @ 10:00:04pm

--

SkitZaY
    SkitZaY u mad
    Feb 20 2004 Anchor

Settle ppls settle.. Nice teh_fonx middle one is cool :D

--

uwu

Feb 20 2004 Anchor

I agree Skitzay, I think fonx did a great job with that one. It looks great and gives a great feel for where the game is going. Just wait till Far Cry comes out or the SDK does, and I think you'll hear a lot more from us.

--

"I'm the Robenator. Could some one make me a mod that is single player. I want it to be about a CIA agent name James Ryan. His mission to take down a terrorest leader bend on taking over the world. You use everything from silenced weapons to Mini-Guns. If you want to make this mod for me plz tell me.."

To the slow ones, this isn't my idea, it's quoted from here.

Current project:
    WiMP

teh_fonx
    Feb 21 2004 Anchor

thnx skitz , but if you think that that the fly drawing is cool, just wait till you see what Dan is cooking up in 3d max.

--

Reply to thread
    click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.