The game engine you are trying to view has ceased development and consequently been archived. If you are a member of this engines team, can demonstrate that it is being actively developed and will be able to keep this profile up to date with the latest news, images, videos and downloads, please contact us with all details and we will consider its re-activation.
2D open source ORPG engine developed by Indie Armory. Official site is Indie Armory.
Do not look at name, this will not be port of Prospekt Source. We will try to port all features, but not internal handling, saving and rendering. We will try to use better coding practices as that old long-standing Mirage-like things what are slow and unreliable.
I forgot to post here all updates, so I am posting them all now. Prospekt.NET came a long way since last news post. Now we have fully featured editor suite with Map, Account and Tileset editor. We also did major improvements to engine core, like networking, rendering and processing. Here is screenie of Editor suite with Tileset editor opened:
Also here is screenie of working map made with Editor suite:
Quick summary of recent updates of Prospekt.NET
Oct 27, 2013
Created tileset editor and basic tile collision system. Collisions in
Prospekt.NET will be different from collisions for example in eclipse or
mirage. It will be on same principe as in RPG Maker where you choose on
tileset what tiles are blocked and what no. Also hopefully fixed some
bugs, but I am aware that I created more bugs than I actually fixed.
Anyway... enjoy :D" class="message">Tileset Editor …
- Added new functions to File class (WriteBinary and ReadBinary)
- Fixed broken function AccountExists
- Cleaned and optimized loading and saving of maps, accounts and players" class="message">More fixes …
In this commit I fixed almost everything.
- Lidgren networking is now fully working and bug-free
- Fixed entire mapping system
- Fixed almost all editor suite bugs (some minor may still occur)
- Fixed NPC and account data saving/loading and sending
- Created new README file
I did alot more things in this commit, but I am too lazy to write them
all here." class="message">Everything fixed! …
- Fixed tileSetScrlX and tileSetScrlY to be the proper maximum sizes
based on the selected tileset size.
- Fixed the tileset selection to not let you select invalid locations
- Fixed the map tile selection to not let you select invalid locations
- Fixed editor resizing to automatically update the rendered data and
scrollbars." class="message">Map Editor Fixes …
- Cleaned up Render module to work smoother.
- Added RenderRectangle sub for drawing filled or unfilled rectangles to
- Added scrollbars to TileSet rendering to show full image
- Added visual mouse location (with X/Y display) to MapPreview rendering
- Added visual tile placement showing the selected tile on MapPreview
- Added visual selection and mouse movement to TileSetPreview rendering
- Fixed Map Resizing (Must save map for new size to take effect)
- Fixed Map Fill/Clear for correct size after map resize
- Fixed Account loading
Known Bug: tileSetScrlX and tileSetScrlY maximum sizes being set to big
and blurring the image if scrolled past the images real maximums." class="message">Editor Fixes …
In this BIG commit I added editor suite created by Ertzel and Daxter.
Also welcome Daxter to development team. List of changes:
* Added editor suite
* Optimized packet handling and sending A LOT
* Cleaned source code (again A LOT)
* Fixed many bugs
* Added maps and mapping
* Added scrollable maps" class="message">Editor suite …
In this commit I cleaned code a bit. Also fixed some warnings about
implementing IDisposable to scripting and font rendering classes. I also
added new option to server configuration, and that is MaxPlayers." class="message">Cleanup again …
In this commit I did another big changes to server and client structure.
Here are few of them:
* Merged client and server solution again to one
* Changed entire structure of client source code to be clean as server
* Fixed some bugs in file reader/writer and configuration classes" class="message">BIG structure changes …
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.