I've always had in mind that Lavgine needs to be cross-platform. My first target was Linux. So every time I've used some WinAPI function I've made macro:
// Working code
// Need to implement
My journey began when I've decided to switch from XACT to OpenAL. Then I've started to use only cross-platform libraries just in case. When I've finally leave DirectX and implement OpenGL renderer I was very happy and optimistic. That day I said to myself "No more big features. Do the Linux port". And I think I was right because just today I've managed to compile Lavgine code with GCC compiler. This is only first step before Linux port show up but I think is a major step for me do start developing Lavgine under Linux. I hope everthing will go smooth now.
So now there are 3 things for me to do:
- Write Linux missing functions and test them
- Recompile all libraries and link everything together (some of them are already available on Linux)
- Test and tune Lavgine port
I hope Linux port will show up very soon but time will tell.