This is just a quick and dirty release of Shifter v1.8.4. At least, it's probably Shifter v1.8.4. It's stable, it has a number of changes (mostly bugfixes and TNM compatibility) and it works. I'll expand on this description later.
- Shifter-TNM: Made sure that when Shifter replaces TNM's MedBots with
the Shifter ones it only removes the old TNM bots after its sure the
new ones are in place. If a replacement MedBot isn't spawned then the
old TNM one will still be around, which means it augmentation
replacement may not always be available in TNM + Shifter.
- HDTP no longer loads/unloads when you do a QuickSave, which will
make these saves actually quick, but not fully compatible if swapping
save files between computers. Of course, if you're going to swap a
save file then you can just make a separate, non-quick save file.
- Added a built-in way to skip the intro when starting a new game:
right-clicking the "OK" button. This is probably only going to be
useful for people trying to run Shifter with the Demo version, and the
- Moved around part of the fix for the UC destruction event in HK so
it's more efficient.
- Also moved around where Ray gets set to being neutral. While I was
there I also removed some old, out-of-date code that was doing nothing
but taking up resources.
- Added a routine to part of NPC Random Inventory which should help
ensure that items given to NPCs, particularly ones in TNM, don't just
wind up at their feet. Also adjusted NPC Random Inventory to not
factor in inventory belonging to another NPC that has somehow been
linked to the wrong inventory list.
- Fixed a subtle Deus Ex glitch with couches. Did you know they're
supposed to come in five different colors? I didn't. Thanks to Jonas
of TNM for pointing that out.
- Re-worked the Pistol Downgrade fix so that it is more compatible
with other mods like TNM/etc. which use a custom New Game Menu class.
- Changed the code for putting random augmentations in summoned Aug
Cans. The code was set up so that if it picked one of the "default"
augmentations then it would simply pick the next aug in the list, which
skewed results towards those "next" augs. Now it will just start the
random selection process over.
- Restored the Crossbow's original firing sound, which was never heard
due to a code oversight. Thanks to Lork on the OTP forums for pointing
- Also adjusted the Targeting aug so it will use the display name of a
weapon it spots being carried by an NPC, if available. Also thanks to
that wacky Lork guy.
- Holy crap more Lork-reported fixes. This time he discovered that if
you are using a Charged Pickup (thermoptic camo, etc.) when you are
captured by UNATCO it will leave the HUD in place and cause some other
weirdness after the item is confiscated.
- And someone ELSE pointed out that while the description on the
HazMat Suit says it protects against fire, electricity, and EMP damage,
it actually doesn't. Now it does.
- Ballistic Armor will now protect against explosive gunfire.
- A "because I can" fix, If you boost the EMP aug past Tech Four using
the Synthetic Heart aug you will actually GAIN health and energy from
sources of EMP.
- Finished work on one of the more odd-ball DXMP models I decided to
add. I'm not going to say who or what it is, except that if you've
played through one of the more bizarre Deus Ex mods you'll get the joke
- Any consumable items (soda, etc) which show up in DXMP will act as
instant-effect items when you click them, e.g. if there's a bottle of
booze when you click it you'll immediately gain some health and get a
teeny tiny bit drunk. This has something to do with the new DXMP model
I mentioned above.
- Changed the ammo pickup count from bodies. Again. In normal DX it
was anywhere from 1 to 4, which I changed to 1 to .
Now it's a bit more complicated: 1 to (half the clip size or four,
whatever is greater).
- Moved another MissionScript fix to a lower-lag location, this time
the fix that stops the x51 scientists from making their own bots turn
- Decoration items which are not supposed to be highlight-able (i.e.
you don't see borders around them when you get close, like destroyed
cars and such) would show the "default this is a bug" description
when the Targeting augmentation was active. Fixed. Thanks to Allan
on the OTP forums.
- You may now notice ricochet sounds for bullets that miss you. This
was due to a strange bug in TraceHitSpawner.uc, which cannot parse any
variables of the Name type. Thanks to Lork for pointing this out.
- More Lork stuff: the "standing aim bonus" kept increasing the longer
you stood still, to the point where you could wind up with a rather
large "movement grace period" if you stood still for long enough.
- Grenades other than just yours will now cause a screen flash if you
are close enough. This applies in singleplayer AND multiplayer. Lork
pointed this out too.
- Optimized a bit of code which determined what types of projectiles
the Aggressive Defense aug could detonate. While I was there I also
made sure it won't detect and detonate placed grenades, which was just
a bit silly.