Hello everyone, Warsword Conquest fans and lovers, here I am again, bringing you the latest news about the mod's status!
The mod keeps growing and growing, bigger and better, from every update to the other as we've been showing you in these past two months. But is that all we have for you, dear fans?
Of course, we've been posting screenshots about the new features announced in the previous update, but that it's not everything we've been working on lately, as some things cannot be shown with screenshots, or simlpy they're being worked on even in this very moment.
So here it is, an updated list of what you'll get in the next release, summed with the features already mentioned in the last update:
- NEW SCENES: As you should have understood by now, an important part of the next update is going to be the introducion of new custom made scenes for a lot of cities throughout the Old World. All of them are made by our master scene-crafters Jargon Darot and Captain Melon.
- NEW FACTIONS: Yes, you already know that Beastmen and Kislev are going to join the faction rooster in the next update...but here comes the big bang badaboom news, we have a third faction for you. Say "Hello!" (or better "Welcome back!") to Nippon! (thanks to Phlpp from Gekokujo) At the moment we're thinking about positioning Nippon in the New World part of the map, between Dark Elves and Lizardmen, so prepare yourselves for some blood spilling in the western lands.
- REVAMPED TOURNAMENTS: Now in tournaments there'll be specific and appropriate mounts and weapons for the different fighters, based on their native faction.
- REVAMPED SEA WARFARE: The title says it all, in the next update there's going to be a new and solid sea warfare system (thanks to the Brytenwalda team).
- HUMANITARIANS AND CULT MASTERS: Aren't you tired of freeing prisoner paesants from enemy lords only to get a useless and weak troop that would probably die in the next battle? Don't hide it, we know you are. That's why we've introduced these new characters. Their function is to exchange the paesants in your army with military recruits. They're going to be found in taverns.
- REBALANCE AND TWEAKS: You've all being noticing problems in the balance of some factions, and we noticed them too. Long story short: Dwarves, from now on you'll be working as hard as the others to earn your victory (they're going to be nerfed in some areas of their troop tree and their equipement); Bretonnians rejoice, for you'll be something more useful than just infantry meatshields for the cavalry!
- NEW FIEFS FOR THE ALREADY EXISTING FACTIONS
- NEW SPECIAL AND MAGICAL ITEMS: I think you should check those Wizards, you'll find them down at the tavern...
- FACTION TAVERN KEEPERS AND MERCHANTS
- NEW MERCENARY MERCHANTS
- PLAY AS A CHAOS DWARF, SKINK, NIGHT GOBLIN OR HALFLING (not guaranteed but we hope)
- DIPLOMACY (not guaranteed but we hope)
.... And that's pretty much all for now, and a good explaination for the next release being still without an estimated date of release.
HAVE A NICE SUMMER, AND BEWARE OF CHAOS RAIDING PARTIES!
Polloio, Warsword Team