Below is a summary of changes to v2.0, as well as notes regarding what will be included in the demo version, coming soon(tm)
- Rewritten AI to be more intelligent and challenging
- AI now has some factional differences in style
- AI will correctly build units and structures based on its planetary bonuses
- Improved AI in tactical mode
- Rebalanced tech trees
- Functional CSA faction (full release only)
- Sweeping optimization improvements
- Addition of “light” campaign options for those who prefer high performance
- Many quality-of-life improvements
- Tooltips for all units contain all the statistic information you need
- Improved advisor hints to introduce you to the mod’s features
- Building and shipyard tooltips tell you what they can produce
- Improved research display
- Difficulty levels:
- Easy: AI gets 10% fewer credits and takes 10% longer to build units
- Normal: AI is exactly on par with the player
- Hard: AI gets 10% more credits, takes 10% less time to build units, and units have 20% more damage, 20% more health, and 25% more shields.
- Rewritten galactic conquests (Demo featured: Operation Skyhook)
- All hyperspace travel now done via hyperlanes, with bonus speed and income from different sizes of route
- Starships now cost population proportional to their crew requirements
- Complete overhaul of planet locations, bonuses, and abilities
- Planets now provide population carefully calculated from their statistics
- Bonuses are rebalanced and clarified with improved tooltips
- Planet info screens notify you of environmental or population conditions that affect production
- Many new planets added
- Overhaul of planet icons and base level display
- New planet textures
- Over 50 new ground maps for v2.0, many new space maps
- Restoration of classic EAW sandbox missions (full release only, not demo)
- Rebalanced freighters
- Both land and space skirmish are available (though land skirmish is still unfinished for the CSA)
- Space skirmish has been completely rebalanced to be more of a competitive experience
- Units build faster and are cheaper
- Income scales better with station level
- Unit costs and build times balanced per unit and per unit class
- AI greatly improved compared to v1.2
- New armor/shield/damage system for space combat, bringing it in line with our ground combat changes from v1.2.
- Damage is now applied after armor subtraction e.g. laser damage 16 vs armor 12 does only 4 damage to a starship hull.
- Torpedoes and some other weapons can pierce armor.
- This means that light craft can barely damage capital ships. All weapons do a minimum of 0.5 damage if armor is equal to or greater than weapon damage.
- Shields absorb a percentage of damage from incoming fire based on unit class
- New space units (* = buildable in demo): Lictor-class Dungeon Ship, Providence-class Destroyer*, Belbullab-22 starfighter, Defender Starfighter*, TIE Vanguard, Diamond-class courier ship, Manka-class war Frigate*, G-1A Starfighter, Sheathipede-class Transport Shuttle, YV-100 Light Freighter, YV-330 Light Freighter, YV-929 Armed Freighter
- Rebalanced starship and starfighter weapons for the new combat system, rewriting thousands of hardpoints
- Space Colonies are now armed with turbolasers at all levels, and provide minor fire support to defending fleets
- New ground combat bunker system, with many civilian structures available to hide your infantry
- New ground vehicles (* = buildable in demo): AAT, HMP gunship, MTT, OG-9, S-1 Firehawke*, V-Wing Airspeeder*
- Improved weather system and atmospheric effects- don’t let infantry get stranded on planets with a Type IV atmosphere!
- Infantry carry appropriately-modeled weapons in most cases
- New ground structures: Bank, Listening Outpost
- New hero system with consistent hero ratings and upgrade paths
- Space heroes now require a flagship to attach to in many cases
- New heroes (* = playable in demo release): 4-LOM, Adar Tallon, Andoorni Hui, Apailana, Appo, Barrow Oicunn, Bevven*, Blitzer Harrsk, Bror Jace, Clyngunn, Cody, Comeg, Corran Horn, Crueya Vandron, Devlia, Erisi Dlarit, Evir Derricote, Gavin Darklighter, Ghorin, Haashn, Havet Storm, Hurst Romodi*, Kirtan Loor, Kosh Teradoc, Laryn Krefey, Lujayne Forge, Male Dee, Mawsh’iye, Meena Tills, Morteos, Nawara Ven, Odd Ball, Onara Kuat, Ooryl Qrygg, Osted Wermis, Peshk Vrisyk, Ragab, Rhysati Ynr, Riv Shiel, Rojahn, Sander Delvardus, Shaak Ti, Shea Hublin, Talon Karrde, Tensiger*, Terrinald Screed, Thaneespi, Theol Drost*, Treuten Teradoc, Tundra Dowmeia, Uwlla Iillor, Verrack, Zel Johans*, Zsinj, Zuckuss
Operation Skyhook- Demo Release GC
- Experience the lead-up to A New Hope from both sides of the Galactic Civil War, as told in the Legends universe
- Selection of missions provide guidance in the early stages of the campaign. The later stages are up to you!
- Command the Rebel Alliance from hidden fighter bases, striking against Imperial convoys and trying to discover the location of the Death Star construction site
- Lead the Galactic Empire to victory, protecting the Death Star and crushing the Rebellion across the galaxy
- The Galactic Empire is recommended for first time players of Phoenix Rising.
I cannot wait!
Need right now! Can't wait!!!!
Very excited for this release! Long time follower,and now watching CoreyLoses' YouTube run through is getting me more pumped!
Just wonder if planets are position with enough space between them for mouse click ;)
It was rather hard in actual version of PR.