Approximately a month has passed since the last news on True Stalker’s development. Now that we have more content to share, we’ll make it short & simple.
- a new HUD is almost fully implemented into the game, with many new UI elements being developed
- initial loading screen & main menu concepts are complete
- UI elements have received special sound cues & notifications
- new art of almost all levels has been drawn for the loading screen
- aesthetic changes to levels
- fixing various flaws
- maximum quality compilation of some levels
- vegetation has been changed
- a large part of the final level for chapter nine is complete
- more loot to find in levels
- work is being actively carried out on assembling a weapon pack
- other developers have been called to assist in this field
- work on ambient tracks is nearly done
- tracks have been composed for several key moments in the story
- new geometric models have been created or reused to fill levels
- some new models have been made for story characters, including ones made from scratch
- multiple tests of the current build
- discovering and fixing issues
- several side quests
- a large amount of engine features/fixes tailored to the project’s needs
- half-complete translation into English
- mod voiceover for the story is nearly done
- water reflections
- improved subtitle system
- new sounds for interacting with the world: steps, collissions etc.
This all makes up a small part of what came to mind when writing this article. Besides that, there exist a lot of smaller additions that received just as much attention during development.
Every effort is being made so that players can enter the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone in the scope of True Stalker!