Hello Modern Combat Fans!
Well its been a while since we sent out a patch, but that is not to say we haven't been working hard (some several hundred revisions have been put in). The Modern Combat team has been fixing up several of the bugs in the game and play testing internally to provide a much more balanced game. Now we probably say that with every patch, but this time it is very important. That is because we have added a reward faction, the Marines!
There were a quite a few hints pointing towards this with the campaign mission, which we hope you all have enjoyed playing. The Marines can be activated under the reward panel and by playing as the US. Please note that playing with the Tan skins still works for all the vehicles and the new Marine additions.
As a general overview the marines have smaller squad sizes but with the M27 IAR and SMAW upgrades instead. They have a fully functional sniper at Tier 1 and the stryker teams have been replaced by the LAV and AAVP7a1. We highly suggest that you guys give the new team a try.
For those of you that haven't seen it was our birthday several weeks ago, while it is a bit belated now, but we would like to thank all our fans for sticking with us and playing our mod. We hope to keep you guys entertained hopefully even past the release of CoH 2.
We would like to put forward the Modern Combat Round Robin Tournament to get activity back into the mod. Especially with Spring now starting and Easter holidays. The tournament will be ongoing and with players having the opportunity to meet new people and play more regularly by having everyone setup together on the Steam group. There will be featured replays, prizes for the most entertaining players and much more regular updates of the game for better balance with the Marines and from the feedback in the tournament.
As our anniversary just passed we would like to reflect on the past and show you how much the mod has changed from 1.000. There have been complete rewords of the Bradley and Humvee models.
Major improvements of all model lighting and several diffuse textures, evidently this old ZBD05 has received quite the retouch. All the small arms have been rebuilt with performance in mind so their smaller footprint helps to run the mod even faster. The US infantry have got quite a rework now with proper adjustments to their textures for them to look even better in game.
We have finished all the PLA Tier Buildings, and some have changed quite a bit since their concept phase. With them the PLA have got quite some love with the new PLASOF and Q-5 models.
There have been reworks of pretty much every weapon FX and the inclusion of the new impact sounds that brings the game even further from the old WW2 background of CoH. There has also been the addition of several elements to our homepage. We have currently updated the quite outdated units pages on our site, and not to forget the addition of the leaderboard and veternancy pages!
Of course not to forget the massive efforts in bringing about the Hardcore mode for all the fans that prefer some realism to their games. This mode is also quite different to the standard mod as it involves quite a different range of upgrades and gameplay mechanics with the medivac for example. There have been the inclusion of several popular vCoH maps and also the modernisation of several others. Also the first Modern Combat Campaign Mission, which hopefully will not be the last.
In the coming weeks the homepage moderncombat.blacksandstudio.com will be getting updates to put the unit pages and info back up to date. It will also include the new Marine units for your viewing pleasure! Look forward to much faster updates now, we will focus to provide you with change and bug fixes every month or even earlier if needed.
As always the launcher will automatically update the mod for you, otherwise you can get it manually from here.
~ The Modern Combat Team
The new version of Steam CoH is currently being troubleshooted. We are doing our best to fix problems with this version ASAP.
- Completely revamped the US soldier model for better performance and ingame quality
- Completely edited all Relic Environmental maps to have the proper nrm setting. Completely replaced the HD texture pack from 1.012
- Removed detonate delay times on certain projectiles.
- Updated all the tracers and smoke trails to look a bit more realistic
- Assigned new models to many of the projectiles
- Fixed mortar decrew radius for thrown projectiles.
- Extended the win conditions drop down box, so all conditions should be easily visible.
- Edited Paladin tracking parameters, should fix problem where it won't fire if it's on an angle
- Claymores can now be defused properly by Engineers. Also changed detonation FX
- Fixed ZSD-89 and Stryker upgrades having duplicate hotkeys.
- Enabled "aa_weapon_shoot_through" behaviour on all our AA weapons, seems to make their aircraft-engagement ranges more consistent.
- PLA AI will never buy the ZZC02 now
- Added Semois2 from Tribalbob (renamed 2p_Hong'an and edited with modern assets)
- Added 2p_kurland_pocket from WhiteFlash
- Added 2p_parched from WhiteFlash (renamed 2p_Gansu and edited with modern assets)
- Added 4p_Alsace Moselle from WhiteFlash
- Added 4p_parched from WhiteFlash (renamed 4p_Gansu and edited with modern assets)
- Added 6p_le_paradis from WhiteFlash
- Added 6p_valley_conflict from WhiteFlash
- Added 4p_aurora from MrLate
- Designate Target no longer involves an M4 accessory weapon or breaks stealth.
- US rifleman build time decreased to 37.5 seconds from 39.2 second. Leader and soldier each take 7.5 seconds to build/reinforce.
- M14s now space their shots at less regular intervals (no effect on DPS).
- Adjusted the M4SD to have less reload time.
- AT4 cost reduced to 40 instead of 50 munitions
- Bradley TOW damage increase to 150
- Removed thermal goggle sight bonus (now only affects detection radius).
- Lowered the price of the m870 shotguns to 60 munitions.
- Changed US shotgun from a Remington 870 to a Mossberg 590A1. Updated description, UI and skin
- Reworked Javelin Vertical animation so that there is no misfire bug, and trail lingering bug.
- US HMG AP round upgrade packaged together with the AT4 upgrade
- Adjusted the Stryker MGS AOE to be consistent with the modifiers set with the Type59D and M8 Greyhound
- Increased Stryker MGS target_table accuracy of infantry to 0.65, so that now it will hit things more consistently unlike the previous 0.55
- Reduced the cost of the US Minesweeper to 35
- Defenisive smoke barrage from Close Area Combat Doctrine is now replaced by Little Bird Strafe overwatch
- Improved synchronisation of M242 bushmasters and increased cooldown from 1.5 to 1.55 seconds to compensate. Negligible effect on DPS.
- Adjusted the US Sniper camo to not have the requirement to be stationary.
- Updated GL cover damage modifiers.
- Reduced Apache missile delay by 2 seconds.
- Marines added as a reward faction!
- US marines replace Riflemen, they are a 4 man squad with possibilities of upgrading to either M27 IAR or SMAW.
- No AT4 or AP rounds for the Marines
- Marine sniper available at Tier 1 (M110 sniper) with a mimic of the PLA sniper camo, so that countersniping is more effective due to small marine squad sizes
- AAVP7a1 replaces Stryker ICV in Tier 2, but comes out with no armaments, needs to upgrade in order to use its MG and 40mm grenade launcher
- LAV25 replaces the Stryker MGS in tier 2 (it also requires an upgrade before it can be built)
- LAVAT replaces the Stryker ATGM in tier 3 (can also be built by upgrading the LAV25)
- Stryker Cage Armor replaced with smoke charges for the Marine vehicles
- Airbone Faction has MARSOC instead of airborne
- Close Area Combat has SEALS instead of Green Berets, they wear Boonie hats
- Enabled Bradleys and LAVs to target aircraft
- USMC medics now have proper skins and backpacks.
- Reduced speed of T81 and PHZ89 MLRS rockets to 15 from 20/17 respectively.
People's liberation army, Ground Force:
- PF98 changed to a Call-in instead of a buildable squad
- Milita soldier and leader now both have build time of 5.4 each, squad build time decreased to 32.4 seconds from 32.5 seconds.
- Regular squad build time reduced to 39 second from 40 seconds.
- Fixed retreating units walking while disciplined fire was active. Now they just run slightly slower than they would otherwise.
- Changed cap speed of ATMP from 1.5 to 1.25
- Fixed the horizontal turning bug on the Type59D
- Enabled ZBD05s to target aircraft
- Reduced time cost of the ZTD05 upgunned to match the Stryker TOW to 30 secs
- Reduced cost of PLA ATG to 300
- Adjusted size of the PLA AI mine to be the same as the other mines (better hit box)
- Adjusted the ZTD05 105mm to have a 1.1 dmg modifier towards the US mortar so that it can kill it consistently with 4 shots instead of 5.
- ZTD05 105mm now costs 75 munitions instead of 100 to make it more accessible versus the stronger LAV25
- Standardized PGZ-95 pop to 8
- Changed cost of PLA minesweeper to 30 ammo
- Fixed flickering US Accessories on the HC models
- Fixed incremental accuracy for the HC shotgun and a few other rifles.
- Hardcore casevacs now spawn 4 medics and have less range (100m).
- Increased range of hardcore 'marksman' abilities to full range of rifle.
- Gave hardcore Bradley and ZBD05 transport capacity (1 squad).
- Fixed bug with hardcore Stryker criticals and upgrades.
- Fixed hardcore flamethrower damage vs. buildings.
- Increased XM-25 AoE from 3m to 3.5m.
- XM-25 has a faster projectile now
- Gave HC AAVP7a1 casevac ability
- Tweaked QBB-95 accuracy.
- Reverted HC A-10 range to default.
- The HC Miltia Type 85 upgrade now requires T2 instead of T3
Model, Sound and Texture changes:
- Optimization of many textures to improve the FPS of the game
- All American faces have been updated to provide proper additive textures thus giving good coloring and shadowing
- Reversed Type 96 unit symbol (now points in the same direction as the Type 59's and ZTZ99's).
- Improved Apache scatter pattern (cosmetic only).
- Added new Advanced Recruitment doctrinal icon.
- Removed Javelin slot item icon.
- Moved satchel charges (US and PLA) from UI slot 11 to UI slot 10. Looks neater than before.
- Gave claymore proper UI portrait (it was bright pink before).
- Gave PLA grenade ability a more suitable icon.
- Eliminate Gunner ability no longer causes sparks on the target's armour.
- Fixed the Regular's webbing so it looks better and shouldn't clip
- Took out all of the cement tile textures and many other heavy environment textures
- Fixed the bug with the minesweeper
- Fixed several of the Missile fx trails clipping the projectile
- New Railroad and train models added for mappers
- Added VanAdrians transparent water terrain files to the mod
- Fixed mesh name conflicts with the M4 and M16
- Fixed the upside down AAVP7a1 criticals
- Tweaked the Bradley icon, used to be too dark
- Gave molotovs new icon
- Updated the old Apache and Blackhawk Normal map, making it look much better
- Added triple burst fx to the AAVP7a1
- Gave vehicle smoke ability and upgrade proper icons.
- Updated the texturing of the AAVP7a1
- Updated the nrm of the Carl Gustav
- Added new icon for US T1 healing ability (just to distinguish it from other icons)
- English UI text updated
- Chinese translation updated
- Polish translation updated
- Czech translation updated
- Spanish translation updated