Over the past 6 months, both Project Reality Studios and Black Sand Studios have been rigorously working on creating, tweaking and testing the latest installment of Project Reality; v0.9. We are proud to announce that our long and hard work on this version has finally concluded and a release date has been set for Project Reality v0.9:
Friday, February 5th, 2010 at 09:09:09
Preload Project Reality v0.9 Now!
To further increase your excitement, you can preload the Project Reality v0.9 files now! This is the first PR release to feature a "passworded installer". This means, you can download the files now, but until we release the password, you can not install them. In other words, you can have the files downloaded and ready to go, so that when we officially release PR v0.9, you can instantly install it and jump straight into playing without delay! The password will be released automatically via the password page on Friday 5th February 2010, at 09:09:09.
You must download and install both "Part 1 of 2", and "Part 2 of 2" installers for Project Reality v0.9 to function. There is no patch included with this release due to the large amount of changes and newly added features. The installer will automatically uninstall any previous versions of Project Reality you may have.
Project Reality v0.9 Trailer
Project Reality Studios has created the following trailer to showcase many of the various features and changes you will find in the Project Reality v0.9 release. So, dim the lights, grab your popcorn, sit back and enjoy the show!
New Features and Changes
Project Reality v0.9 is one of our largest, most featured packed releases to-date. Featuring 3 new factions, 8 new maps, an array of new assets and multiple bug fixes, we are confident that this release will improve every aspect of the game. Here is a quick rundown of the most noticeable changes:
- IDF, Canada and Hamas factions have been introduced with all their bells and whistles.
- Coop has been integrated into this version, no need to download extra files COOP is ready to go out of the box.
- 8 brand new maps specifically designed for PR game play, and many more existing maps improved.
- New vehicles, including the Chinook Transport Helicopter, MAN GB Logistics Truck and Merkava MK4 Main Battle Tank to name a few.
- New Vehicle Warfare mode focused solely on armoured combat, and updated Insurgency and CNC modes.
- Multiple bug fixes including eliminating the vehicle sound bug and the "insta-proning" CQB exploit.
- Overhaul of both the Rally Point and Deployable Asset systems.
- New and updated Squad Leader and Commander tools, giving these key roles more resources on the battlefield.
- New realistic kit geometries modeled from real gear for US Army, Russia and IDF factions, coupled with new stance animations.
- The revolutionary 3rd party 3D positional VOIP software "Mumble" is now integrated into the PR installer.
For a complete, comprehensive list of all the changes and newly added features in PR v0.9, please view the following forum thread:
Project Reality v0.9 Server Files
If you currently host a Project Reality game server, you should receive the server files for Project Reality v0.9 via the Server Admin CP in the next few days, prior to the final release. If you are interested in hosting a new server, please follow the link below to apply for a server license.
Project Reality IRC Channel
Chat directly with the Project Reality developers, talk about the latest release, and/or get live support, all in the one place; the Official Project Reality IRC Channel.
In conclusion, the Project Reality Studios team would like to extend a few thanks. First and foremost, Alpha Networks, for providing the PR team with critical test and build servers. Without their support, PR v0.9 would have never been possible. Last, but certainty not least, we would like to thank the Project Reality community, the wider Battlefield 2 news community and the Black Sand Studio mod teams for playing and supporting Project Reality over the last 5 years.