Hey there, ModDB community! Although The Hazard Course is an add-on to Black Mesa, it's much more than a map pack. This means we've got some positions open for those willing to help. The positions are detailed below, but here's a quick rundown: Concept artist, a voice actor or two, a couple choreographers, a modeler or two, texture artists and an animator.
- Animators: More or less what it says on the tin. You'll be doing human movements, ranging from simple buttons presses to Gina's training demonstrations.Those NPCs aren't gonna start kicking vending machines on their own! Bonus points if you've got choreography experience.
- Concept artists: Our mappers and modeler could do with some direction. That's your job! Pick up your pencil (or mouse/tablet) and draw out your ideas. You'll likely be primarily drawing the rooms that make up the course, but smaller props aren't out of the question.
- Modelers: Piping, holo emitters, piping, rails, small tools, Gina's science-y face, piping. Mostly just smaller props, but some larger platforms may fall onto your shoulders here and there.
- Texture artists: You'll be doing decal and overlay work, and taking care of our model skins. Brush textures may also pop up.
- Voice Actors: The inclusion of new dialogue means we need a few people to step up to the mic. At this point, we've only got one of Black Mesa 's official voices willing to do voice work for this project. In the meantime, we need someone who can accurately emulate the security guards and scientists that will be encountered. Exact lines will be discussed at a later time, but it's mostly casual and idle chatter.
Here is what we don't need more of:
- Mappers: Seriously, we have a disproportionate number of mappers on the team now, and it's really taking a toll on coordination! We understand that mapping is fun, but we do need other roles filled too. :) Sorry!
So there you have it. If you feel you've got the skill and are willing to help out with the project, let us know! You can contact us in a few ways. Firstly, you can email us at BM.HazardCourse@Gmail.com. Second, you can post on the Black Mesa thread regarding our project letting us know. Lastly, you can message one of the team members on ModDB. So now that that's out of the way, here's a few screenies! See you next update!