Edit as of 2020-06/03 - Made a new Discord for this submod just to try and get it more active:
4gb patch/Large Adress Aware- they are included in the download and make sure to patch your game .exe with these for the mod to be able to run.
Patch your kingdoms.exe, and only do it once. It will make all heavy mods work and be more stable. Without the patch you may experience alot of crashes. If you have Steam it's the medieavl2.exe you will need to patch - you don't need to use this patch if you've done it for other mods already.
Update 2020-05/07 - Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate (Stand-Alone Hyrule Historia Edition) - Released!
Update: The "Gerudo Wars" Hyrule Historia Missions had three non-working or glitched missions - has been fixed!
Death Mountain Defence - Used the wrong Dodongo's cavern Custom Settlement, has been replaced with the correct Gor Forgaru Custom Settlement. King Farkos has been added as the general of the main Zora army as well as he were missing from the battlefield.
Agahnim's Decent - Used a vanilla Medieval2 settlement due to my mistake when i moved the HyrulePrimeFrame custom settlement in use by this mission, to the unused-folder- has been restored and is now working properly.
Crime of Idols - Crashed the game when trying to start the misison, and this was due to a faulty Vaati_Wrath-entry. Has been corrected into the proper "Vaati Wrath" and is now working as intended. I've also added Vorday as the general of the Zuna army, and his model is from 4.6 as the original didn't have a Vorday-model.
Stand-Alone Hyrule Historia Edition - Has every mission of the Hyrule Historia in the game! Only the "Ancient Age", the "Rise of Ganon" and the "Gerudo Wars" have playable misisons with all the movies included - the Twili Civil War Hyrule Historia Missions doesn't have any videos, and they also won't be playable in their current shape.
I've included the Twili-missions if anyone wants to try their hands at getting them to start. You see, I did get those particular missions from the Dark Interloper over at the Hyrule Conquest Discord. The missions had sadly been altered and edited in preparation for a move to the Hyrule: Total War 4.6 official version of the mod. Unfortunately they were never finished in this regard, so they won't work on 4.6 neither- I did try to restore them to their original shape because I wanted them to work in my sub-mod. But they just threw me back to the main menu all the time. If you try to start the Twili Hyrule Historia Missions you'd need to restart the mod before you can start any of the other missions. I'd suggest to not try to play them unless you are a modder and is trying to get them to start by editing their code. I tried this but failed.
The other three arcs work as intended. And I've fixed every custom settlement, so if the 3.5 version of Hyrule: Total War had the wrong vanilla settlement spawn on some of the missions -then that's been fixed by me now.
I also needed to remove five units and two mounts in order to get the Ancient Age and Rise of Ganon missions to play.
- Removed units are the Gohma Caretakers, Goron Sumos, Goron Ram Infantry, Moblin Durpyblin Defenders and the Sheikah Protectors.
- Removed Mounts are the Hinox Moblin Giant, and the Epona Horse in use by the Mounted Recruits (old custom horse).
- The Gerudo also has a new unit based on the Twinrova bodyguard of the original - Ashinon Generals. They are rare in the campaign, but can be recruited every 17th turn from the Gerudo Capital Ashinon.
- I've added unit_info-pics for the Ashinon Generals, the Interloper Assassins and the Interloper Mages.
- 75 Loading Screens instead of the old 21 - Hyrule: Total War V 3.5 had a bunch of loading screens that I've re-implemented to this version.
- Majora Units have their old stats back, otherwise the Final Battle Mission would be impossible.
Otherwise the mod should have all the other changes from the Stand-Alone Campaign Edition released on april 17th.
It's stand-alone, you don't need HTW 4.5/4.6 to play this version - being a submod just means i didn't make the full mod, i continued work on Undying Nephalims older 3.8 version.
- Being a submod doesn't mean that you'd need to copy/paste this on-top of a different version - you do only need the downlod right here to play this version of the mod.
To install the mod using the CD-version, move the mod-folder named "Hyrule" inside of your Medieval II Total War/mods-folder - after first using the latest version of winRAR to extract the folder - by moving it out manually by dragging the folder with your mouse. And start the mod by clicking the .bat-file. Be advised that you must move the entire SEGA game folder out of program files to prevent issues on new computers, also you'd have to deactivate the UAC (User Account Control) as it interfere with mods making them not work. - Read more about disabling the UAC at TWC (Total War Center) or just shut it down totally).
Always patch the .exe files with both the large adress aware and the 4gb patch to be secure- then make sure that the mod is not located in Program Files (X86) on any windows more recent than win 7- sometimes Win 7 won't allow this neither due to being updated by automatic windows updates, because i had zero problems until an automatic update happened. I have had mods for Med2 running on win 10 as well, but it required some work in order to get them to run without issues.
First of all, don't have the mods in Program Files (X86) because the modding won't be read and the mods will probably CTD all the time. The security shit of win 10 will make sure that the mirror files saved in a different directory is read instead of the modded files. The computer would copy the game to a different location and read the vanilla files instead of the files in the mod-folder- causing all kinds of trouble for the modder. I didn't know why none of my changes had any effect at first. So move the entire SEGA-folder out of Program Files (X86) and place in D/Games or something.
The above is only for the CD-version of the mod/game- you have no other choice for the Steam version than to have it in program files (X86).
Also, i've uploaded a tutorial video about how to install Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate for the Steam version of Medieval 2.
It's a short four minute video about installing the mod for the Steam version of the game, including also some additional info regarding the "Battle Immersion Mod" by Hit&Run that follows with the mod.
Furthermore, remember to patch the main medieval2.exe with the 4gb patch as well. If you've done it for other mods already then you don't need to do it again. It's a program so you will just start it as an administrator, then browse to the .exe of your Medieval2 game, and then select the .exe and click patch using the program.
By the way, don't miss out on the Hyrule Historia Campaign Cinematics that are optional to download for this mod, as they take up a huge amount of space on your harddrive. The Gerudo Wars Hyrule Historia Missions are also optional.
The installation instructions are in this video:
Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate (Stand-Alone Campaign Edition):
1. Zant Surrender script fixed when playing as Queen Midna!
2. The four Oocca units have unit descriptions.
3. Missing "Eyes of Majora" unit_info picture simply added.
4. Master Entity (Majora) unit_info picture made transparant and added!
5. The Oocca can now call Cleansings at will! And I've added al the text and replaced the old christian text for the entire file.
6. The Forces of the Twilight have a new unit - Shadow Assassins!
7. Elmenzhia script fixed for Zant - Twili Sorceresses affected!
8. Deku Chanters a new unit for the Deku Scrubs.
9. New 4.6 Dodongos added as "Aquadongos" to Labrynna!
10. Aquadongo Jockeys a new unit for the Tokay!
11. Sheikah unused units/heroes added to the recruitment/spawns!
12. Minor Factions + the Church of Majora and the Oocca can build portal!
13. King Zant's Invasion script now works- Zant and Middee have traits etc!
14. Red Lion Knights, Knights of Windfall & Knights of the Iron Triforce added as new units to the Kingdom of Hyrule together with the Hero Aryll from the Great Sea Expansion. Hyrule will lose some of it's troops in the latest level of barracks after Tetralyna Zelda Nohansen 5 has spawned. They are replaced by the Great Sea units.
- Units affected - Surveyors/Hylian Crossbowmen, Assault Battalion/Swordsmen Recruits, Knights of New Hyrule/Hyrulean Knights, Knights of Red Lions/Mounted Hyrulean Knights, Knights of Windfall/Archer Knights and finally Knights of the Iron Triforce/Hyrulean Macemen.
You can still recruit the units if you have a lower level of barracks after the event.
15. The custom battles have been overhauled and vastly improved!
16. Undead Onox added as a spawning general to all the campaigns.
17. Horon Civilians now a recruitable unit for Horon - the other civilians are removed from the game.
(This were required because the civilian script caused the CTD when exterminating armies after winning battles against the odds. It also caused random CTD after winning battles against giant units like the Gohma Matriarch, or the Goron King Dodongo.)
18. Balance changes made to certain unit costs and stats.
19. All the giant heroes of the mod are now as strong as Ghirahim and F!- no more pushover heroes in the campaign anymore.
20. Ikana troops now have armour variations, four of them actually, meaning the unit will transform into it's alive version when the armour is upgraded, then back into the undead form again, and then finally back into the alive form.
21. Many CTD-issues solved by removing the civilian script.
22. The Moblins, Lanayru Province and the Ordona Province have gotten more regions from the start of the campaign.
The Moblins didn't do much and were in need of a boost. The Lanayru were too easily beaten by the Gorons due to the Gorons getting an additional region previously (due to them never taking it otherwise). And the Ordona Province is fighting many factions on all but one front- they did need a boost.
These factions have all but one of their areas now.
23. Hyrule heroes are back to Neph's original script in all the campaigns because i didn't want too many Zelda's at once.
24. Forced Alliance between the Gerudo/Oocca and the Kingdom of Hyrule/Oocca has been removed in the Hyrule Historia Campaigns - It forced the Gerudo and the Kngdom of Hyrule into a truce each turn after war had been declared. The same issue would have been true for the Ordona Province, the Gorons or any of the other factions if both had forced alliance with the Oocca.
- The Oocca can be anyones enemy as such. So the Gerudo and the Kingdom of Hyrule can now fight wars between each other again in all the campaigns.
25. In order to return King Igos du Ikana, Gomess and Captain Keeta to their alive forms you'd need to hold all the five Ikana settlements on the map plus Majora Prime/Dead Maku Tree - and Majora-Zelda and Majora himself will need to be dead.They will return to their alive forms one turn after that.
26. Assault Rifle Dragoons remade into "Hand Cannoneers".
And that's the entire update! I will make a video later and add to the article.
Credits for the mod:
Hyrule Total War - from the first version, and up to Hyrule Total War Version 4.6 - Undying Nephalim (Nephy/Neph) - the sole creator of the mod and all of it's original assets.
SirLion and Tedster1995 - The community Patches and fixes of 2014 that are all included in this sub-mod - fixed many issues in the mod back then.
Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate Sub-Mod - Mr_Nygren, been working on improving the dec 2014 HTW 3.8 version alone, after permission from Neph!
Re-skins of most of the Majora regional rosters - Codeman over at the Hyrule Conquest Discord helped me with them, and their banners.
Link-crash and Ooccoo-hero - Warcraft TW modeler Bantu Chieftain helped me fix the Link crash, by moving the sword from the left hand to the right - then he also helped me with removing the Oocca Commandant helmet without it causing the muscles connecting the arms to disappear - so he helped with these two models.
- He did also make an Oocca strat-model out of the Neph battle-model of the Oocca Commandants but unfortunately it crashed and wasn't included, but it is in the files of the mod.
Sky City creation - Undying Nephalim.
Making the Sky City custom settlement playable - Makayane.
Sky City Strat-model creation - Makayane.
Oocca strat-model - Model Creator Undying Nephalim, rigging it from battle model to strat model - Bantu Chieftain, Re-rigging the model, reducing the size of the model and it's textures- Makayane and lastly fixing the hands/arms - Gigantus.
Oh, and i do have Undying Nephalim's permission.
Undying Nephalim's original project were based on the "Legend of Zelda" owned by Nintendo. Of course i have been working on an older version that has been out for years - utilizing the resources from all the three different versions of HTW. I know that Nintendo hasn't cared about the mod in the past - and my project is basically finished now. Of course all the rights are Nintendo's for their trademarks and characters,
I haven't earned money on this project, it's a free fan-made project based on the idea to make another fan-made project more complete.