WE ARE NOW FREE TO PLAY
We are now officially a F2P title. We look forward to this next chapter of our long decade+ journey. We hope this allows more gamers like you to see what we've put into our game, for free and have an easier decision to make to stick around, join our community and help us grow the game more.
We invite/encourage all players to join our Discord at Discord.gg
F2P Patch - Version 1.2
For this patch we wanted to focus on a few important areas: Adding more content to the item store, taking the three largest areas of feedback on the game: 1) dEaD GaMe (why we are going F2P to let anyone play any time); 2) "Needs more Impact"; 3) "Game is clunky in spots".
New Content- Unicorn & Kintsukuroi Sets - All helmets, hats, masks, hair are equippable on both classes. All items in these sets have a different version for Hanako & Yamai (to help with recognizing which team is which).
- Unicorn Set: 12 items total: 4 player skins, 4 weapon skins, helmet, hat, hair, mask.
- Kintsukuroi Set (inspired by the "golden-repair" style of Japanese pottery): 11 items total: 4 player skins, 4 weapon skins, helmet, hat, mask.
- New "ripout" animations for melee hits on the Kenshi and Nagi on basic attacks.
- New "combo counter" FX for hitting enemies with combo abilities.
- New ability hit FX for increasing the impact of hitting enemies with abilities.
- Updates to hit detection to be more responsive.
- Major bug fixes/crash fixes for server stability.
- Major bug fix for "hit reactions" causing rubber banding/general clunkiness. We believe this was responsible for most of the game's clunky "feel" at times.
- Major localization fixes for missing text in various menus (custom game and killstreaks).
- Other minor bug fixes in other areas of the game.
- Samurai Royale - We will start public testing of our Battle Royale mode (24 players) starting after the holidays in early 2022.
- Challenges/unlocks - Depending on how the playerbase grows, we will begin systems to unlock items based on daily/weeklies and other in-game challenges.
- AI improvements
- New classes and map (for Samurai Royale)
Thank you for all of your support. At this stage, we're about a 4 person team working on this after our jobs and we will do our best to keep the game updated and address issues, but please be patient with us as we manage what comes next. Most bugs can only be fixed by one of our devs and requires investigation. We will always do our best to prioritize and make our game the best it can be.
-Hanako Dev Team
Awesome! So glad you were able to secure a free-to-play business model. This will bring in a lot of players.