These are some release notes for the first public release version of the Star Trek Voyager - Elite Force: Graphic Overhaul Project. This is not a final/complete version and I cannot guarantee that there will ever be one.
When I tested the package last time I had problems to get the mod working with the original game alone, without the Expansion Pack. My suggestion: if you do not have the Expansion Pack…get it instantly from somewhere. That’s an order redshirt!
- high definition rework of a lot, a lot, a lot of textures especially Voyager levels (Borg stuff is experimental)
- complete LCARS displays HD rework
- complete HUD, GUI and Font HD rework
- some Federation weapons and Tricorder reworks, also some new effects
- Federation uniforms, communicator and rank signs rework (also look at the doctors emitter)
- so far some crew head HD reworks (Janeway, Seven, The Doctor), plan is to complete it someday
- new openGL render engine adding a lot of new effects
- I tried to make everything true to the franchise and I even used pictures of the real screen used props (for example Turbolift navigation panel, the captain’s chair, Jeffries tube ground door etc.)
- widescreen adjustments (not perfect)
The user Kana136 was so kind to give me some examples of his work to improve the overall game experience with additional shadow casts from light sources and more accurate Voyager maps. I included his work for the Borg maps from the first single player mission and you can see a remapped version of the Holodeck map used for the first in game graphic cut scene after the Borg mission failed.
We will see what Kana will contribute in future. Let’s hope he has enough time to do some more fantastic improvements.
- open the console (^) and type “map DBRIDGE” and find yourself on the Bridge of the USS Enterprise D
- go to holomatch mode and select “create, match”, choose the Serenity_B_V2 Map and take a tour on a HD retextured Galaxy Starship
- press V/B to switch/leave third-person-view
Please make sure to follow the instructions from the forum section and report issues:
Basic game installation:
Mod installation and configuration:
Known bugs (probably to be continued):
I included a credit list, since a lot of work and features came from different modders from content that was made many, many years ago. I also want to thank XearoX for his openGl renderer I used at the beginning. I switched to the ReShade framework later but I was inspired to work on this Mod by the extended features he made possible.
I hope you will enjoy the current status as much as I do and I apology for my humble English.