Greetings, Companions of Edain!
After a long development time, we have released Patch 4.5 of the demo of Edain Version 4.0 today.
If you don't have a previous installation of Edain on your computer, you can download the complete package below. Follow the setup to install 4.5. If you already have an older version installed, you can also use the update function in the Edain launcher.
If you encounter any problems with the mod, stop by in our Support forum!
Completely new Spellbooks
In Edain 4.5, each faction has access to a new spellbook. All powers have been divided into two distinct paths: One of the offers long term, defensive advantages and the other has immediate offensive impact. In addition, every faction has a new unique faction spell emphasizing its core aspects: The stubornness of the Dwarves, the Knowledge of the Noldor or the Discipline of Gondor's armies. During this redesign, we changed and tweaked a lot of powers, so only few are the same as in previous versions of Edain.
We have given sieges in Edain 4.5 a fundamental overhaul. Both siege weapons and defensive structures now have clear strenghts and weaknesses. Rams deal increased damage and are especially effective at destroying gates to open a way into the enemy base. Catapults can deal with towers a lot quicker. Wall catapults are deadly against their mobile counterparts, because they have higher range and deal more damage. Exotic weapons like Isengard's mine or the Dwarven Earthshaker are very powerful against fortress walls. The citadel of a fortress is now a key structure, because as long as it stands, all buildings including the walls are more resistant to siege weapons. We created new defensive options with special abilities like the Building Crane for Gondor or the Cage expansions for Angmar. On top of that, new units like the Mineworkers or the Siege Shield were added, designed with only sieges in mind.
Many iconic maps like Minas Tirith are now available in a new version, allowing you to defend your fortress against massive attacking forces and test your defensive capabilities. How you hold off the attackers is your choice - neither your faction nor your strategy is limited by us. Expect an overwhelming onslaught of enemies, special attack waves that depend on how well you are doing and different levels of difficulty.
- The Battlewagons of the Dwarves have received a new design inspired by the Hobbit movie trilogy. This includes a new exclusive upgrade for each of the dwarven realms, further differentiating them.
- Several heroes have been reworked with new ability sets. Theodred is no longer a defensive hero, but offers valuable support in form of a tower that can send siege teams against enemy buildings. Cirdan now strengthens your buildings and siege weapons. Both King Dain and Dain Ironfoot have access to new abilities that synergize especially well with the units of their realm. Galadriel becomes more powerful when she equips other heroes with the Gifts of Lorien.
- The economy systems of all factions have been reworked. Command points can be increased in citadels, meaning they can no longer be lost once purchased. Single farms no longer need to be upgraded manually, instead all factions improve their economy through a single faction mechanic. This mechanic is different for everybody - while Gondor buys upgrades in the Marketplace, Mordor relies upon Sauron's influence. Meanwhile the new Trade Routes ensures more even matches by reducing the income of farms when a player adds new farms.
- Uruk Hunters follow a new concept that makes them stand out from all other units in the game, rewarding the player for keeping them alive throughout the game.
- The new map "Greenwing's challenge" allows you to command eight mighty heroes, each with a special set of abilities, and fight through waves of enemies in a arena. How long can you last?
- As always, there is a huge amount of fixed bugs, small adjustments and visual changes for all factions that you can explore - some of them can be found below, but they are far too numerous to put them all into a list. Have fun finding them!
- Movementspeed of all units and heroes increased by up to 15%
- Stats bonuses for reaching higher levels doubled
- Cavalry take increased damage from pikes
- Military buildings like barracks or stables take increased damage from pikes
- Monster take increased damage from towers
- Flyers take increased damage from all arrows
- Revive time of all heroes increased relative to their cost
- Buildcost of all towers increased, damage of towers reduced
- Buildcost of catapults reduced to 600, large rams to 400, small rams and special weapons to 300
- Resource production of citadels increased to +50
- Cost and research time of upgrades increased
- Damage of axethrowers and spearthrowers against machines reduced
- Resource production of Laketown, Dale and the Dunedain outpost reduced
- Lifetime of most spellbook summons reduced
- Cost of upgrades for the Dol Amroth fortress reduced
- Denethor now summons less soldiers
- Research time of Assembly Point upgrade reduced
- Recruitment Camp and Arsenal: Cost and research time reduced to 400/40 seconds
- Theodens leadership buffed
- Elrond buildcost increased to 3000, buffed his abilities
- Glorfindels abilities buffed
- Well upgrade at walls replaces fallen soldiers more slowly
- Angmars external economy buildings no longer produce 25% less money
- Helegwen abilities nerfed
- Mornamarth buildcost reduced and hp increased
- Hwaldars leadership is now available at level two
- Carn Dûm pikes now only reflect damage to cavalry and monsters
- Zaphragors abilities nerfed and heal delay increased
- Thrallmasters take less damage from arrows
- Movement speed of orcs reduced
- Armor of Mûmakil improved
- Orc spears buildcost reduced to 250
- Mollok takes less damage from swordsmen
- Cooldown of Reinforcements reduced
- Reinforcements will arrive with upgrades by default
- Radius of castellan's area of effect attacks halfed
- Damage of trolls against buildings reduced
- CP cost of Shieldbearers increased to 45
- Power of Speech experience gain reduced
- Damage of Uruk Crossbowmen increased
- Damage of Fires of Isengard to units halfed
- Steelwork upgrades buffed
- Damage of berserkers reduced
- HP of wildmen reduced
-Ered Luin Guardians no longer have access to a passive speed buff, but can now actively increase their speed by 50% for 30 seconds
- Thorin III. nerfed a lot
- Thorin Oakenshield buildcost increased
- Radius of King Thorin's scavenger reduced
- Damage of Axethrowers reduced by 10%
- Combat training limited to max. 50% improved recruitment time
- Buildtime of Borderguards slightly increased
- Ents take increased damage from heroes and pikes
- Damage of Arrow volley increased
- Radius of Haldir's Radiant Arrow reduced
- Trample damage of beornings reduced, armor against swordsmen while in bear mode buffed