This weeks update introduces Control Points as a new mechanic, as well as implementing Vehicle Storage in bases and giving you another way to escape the CDF!
Control points are like a cross between Bandit Bases and Special Buildings. Instead of being a place that you raid for loot, Control Points give you a static bonus.
The latest update introduces 5 control points:
- Old Parliament (-20% Racketeering Cost, -10% Zoning Cost). This building naturally spawns near spawn.
- Supply Depot (-10% Construction Cost, +2 Ind Desirability). This building spawns in industrial areas.
- Botanic Garden (+50% Aggression Decay Rate, +2 Res/Com/Off Desirability). This building spawns in residential areas.
- Communications Centre (+1 Goon Command Limit, +10% Goon Atk/Def). This building spawns randomly on the map
- Strategic Bunker (+2 Attack, +2 Defence, +200% cash from killed bandits). This building spawns randomly on the map
If a Control Point doesn't exist on the map can be constructed from the Special Buildings menu. This is so you don't have to start a new game to play with them. You can also bulldoze existing Control Points under your control and relocate them if you wish.
Control Points level up whenever they get captured by a hostile player, up to level 5. Leveling them up makes the defenders stronger, like in a bandit base. You can also abandon a control point so that an ally can take control of it.
Above: The Communications Centre. A bandit base that spawns
Helicopters and Hovercrafts from the last patch is in the background
Control Points act as a point of conflict in Multiplayer. You can capture control points even if you are at peace with the owner, or they are offline. Finally, AI factions will try to capture control points, even in Turf mode!
ALL bases now act as garages for your vehicles. If you exit the game with a vehicle in a friendly base then it will be there when you log back in. There is no limit to the number of vehicles you can store in your bases.\
Keep in mind that vehicles are tied to the owner, so if a friend leaves a vehicle in your base and you restart the game then you'll have to wait for your friend to log in again to get your vehicle back.
Been driving around and bumped into the CDF, and now they're giving you grief? Now there's a very easy way to get rid of the CDF if you only have 1 or 2 stars of notoriety. Simply hide in a base for a few seconds and they'll leave you alone. This check ignores things like line-of-sight (the eye), being in a lot you've been sighted in (the diamond) and the timer (the stopwatch).
Bases Can Be Renamed
Just click on the tag!