Where we're at now...
Hi all, thank you for checking out and (hopefully) following 'Age of Arthur', as promised here is my very first Dev blog....
- The map is complete and includes all of England, Scotland, Ireland, and about 50% of France as far south as Avalon (cause you can't say Arthur without Avalon, even if that part of the Legend was pure fantasy :0 )
- I'd say 75% of the factions have been implemented, complete with their own historical lords and family trees.
- 80% of the diplomacy / kingdom management options have been implemented. Still need to add population/prosperity effects and rebellion/civil war potentials.
- Full changing seasons have been implemented thanks to 'Grand-master's' shaders OSP. thus scenes now change based on time of year, and the code that affects seasonal moral and or seasonal events has been implemented. I've also added the chance of seasonal storms both on land and sea.
- Speaking of Sea, ship buying/building is complete, as well as ship travel and ship combat thanks to VC code. One thing I've changed in this mod is there will be very few ferry stations, and traveling from one island to another will be impossible without the player owning a ship. I figured this adds to realism as a peasant couldn't walk into the ocean and have a ship appear under their feet. So now your starting location also matters more - if you say start on Ireland, you won't be traveling to England or France without saving enough money for a ship. I may change this to allow for traveling with merchant ships, but then I'll probably add a quest that needs to be completed first... or, really good relations with the ship captain.
- Building forts has been implemented, still need to add code to upgrade them to castles.
- Same for villages.
- All the playable cultures are implemented and the player can pick their culture at the start of the game.
- Religion has been added, but I'd still like to expand on this so it has more effect on game play. I found that both Brytenwalda and VC laid great foundations, but I'd like to expand on the idea....any thoughts or ideas on this PM me.
- Banking and landowners - done.
- Camp entrenchment - implemented.
- Killable lords and kings has been implemented and I'm about half done the code to have new lords spawn in their place.
- family and children code is done!! I'm proud to say that :) You can now have a child with your spouse and they will grow up in about three game years...I know this isn't totally realistic, but I don't think anyone wants to play for 13 years just to see their kid mature :) .Female players can also have children, however fighting while pregnant will cause controversy, damage relations with your husband and also risk a chance of miscarrying if you're knocked out in battle.... Also to add realism, mothers can now die during childbirth and this is true if your playing as female too, so yeah... you've been warned. :)
- With family code I've also added a quest to kill your husband/wife if you fall out of relations with them.
- I've also added a number of mini games / gambling to taverns, while making different games available depending on the culture of the town, this includes a drinking game (code inspired from FantasyWarrior), A coin toss (written by me), A dice game (inspired by AndyYa), a card came using Tarots (inspired by AndyYa), and a Rune game (written by me).
- Added unique battle scenes near Hadrian's Wall.
- Fishing * done
Still do to: besides what stated above, I still need to add way more random events, more items, more map icons, and more quests. Also need to add hunting scripts, Mine ownership and mining, unique scenes, magic, cultural festivals, and improved battle Ai and formations.... and of course unique story-lines depending on your starting choices.
I will also add to the list of OSP's as we go.
So I guess that wraps up my very first dev blog :) Let me know how I did, and of course any idea's or suggestions are welcome.