Hello and welcome!
Dehrgada is a RPG in development currently for the Mac and PC platform via the Unity engine. Before we begin, let's go over the feature set that we will be bringing to the table:
- Point-To-Click movement and interaction system
- Companion and Party system
- Full dialogue system with trees dependent on character choices and progression
- Real and Turn based combat with a system designed to work fluidly in either
- Expansive game world with many different ways to complete the same objectives
- Five act main story with an ending where there are no heroes; because hey, sometimes that's just how it is.
- Extensive Skill Group system giving players choice with each progressive decision.
- Five distinct tribes with their own culture, history, backgrounds, and architectural styles
- More to come...
Currently the game is in the pre-core stage; we're building our team to tackle this project, while making as much progress as possible with the talent we currently posses. Unfortunately, most of the team is part-time and we lack an accredited coder/3D modeler; as such, we're building the current prototype around existing placeholder material and integrative systems, and making great progress.
So where do we go from here?
The next year is going to be exciting for Dehrgada, as the main interface, systems, mechanics and groups are implemented and tested extensively. As we acquire more talent, we will begin fleshing out the game world and preparing the environment for the "finishing touches" that will be needed for our production demo (tentatively planned for Jan 1st, 2014). Once the production demo is up, we will start our PR push and begin our crowd funding campaign to begin the multi-year development of the content passed the prologue.
During this time we'll be conversing heavily with any testers that wish to help us develop this game in terms of combat, balance, and overall immersiveness. Keep your eyes here and on Dehrgada.com for updates, discussions and mechanic introductions!
Lead Designer/Prototype coder