An immense unofficial upgrade for the classic RPG, staying faithful and lore-friendly to the game's source content, while fixing bugs and enhancing the gameplay.
[Compatible with saves from v2.2/2.3] The finalized 2.4 version of the mod, with updated animations, objects, items, models, meshes, textures, and loads of bugfixes, plus many other improvements. English only, and will overwrite the captions, subtitles, and text descriptions for all other language versions of the game (but the installed voiceover will remain the same).
THE INSTALLATION GUIDE (with download links):
1. Install Gothic II NotR/Gold in 2.6/2.7 version (from CD/DVD or GOG/Steam; each is suitable for this mod). It may be of any language; doesn't have to be English. But make sure it's not going to be installed in your Windows' (any) Program Files folder.
2. Download Resource Manager for Union assets/packages. Launch it, choose the English (United Kingdom) flag from the right, then the "List of Resources", then the "Union" (but not "Union Plugins" or "Union SDK") option.
3. Download the "Union Game Patch" (it already includes the improved SystemPack v1.8 and Gothic II Report Version v2.6 Rev2) first and install it. Each is done by right-clicking on the package and selecting the required option ("Download" and "Install" respectively). The installation part demands to contribute the path leading to Gothic II NotR/Gold directory by clicking on the magnifier/looking glass icon and browsing for it.
4. Download and install the "Union v1.0d" package.
5. Install Gothic II PlayerKit v2.8.
7. If you didn't do that before, launch the game at least once, via Gothic2.exe or a shortcut leading to it, so it could create various required configuration files.
8. Download YetAnotherUnofficialPatchV24.7z from the link above, then unpack and copy/drop/move its contents:
- YetAnotherUnofficialPatch.mod to X:\Your Gothic II NotR\Gold Installation\Data\ModVDF\ directory.
- YetAnotherUnofficialPatch.ini to X:\Your Gothic II NotR\Gold Installation\System\ directory.
- YetAnotherUnofficialPatch.bmp to X:\Your Gothic II NotR\Gold Installation\System\ directory.
- YetAnotherUnofficialPatch.rtf to X:\Your Gothic II NotR\Gold Installation\System\ directory.
9. Launch GothicStarter.exe (but NOT GothicStarter_Mod.exe), select this mod and play.
The rest of the stuff, like FAQ, credits, and massive changelog can be found on WoG. It couldn't fit here because of the characters limit.